Taurus 357 -blows up - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Taurus 357 -blows up

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Taurus BOGUS WARRANTY

My barrel cracked on my Snub 38 after I used less than 50 rounds. Taurus has a lifetime warranty. They recieved mine at the (factory) in Florida in January. I've called over a dozen times and get the same answer. We are sending it now! When I call back, I get another excuse, and they will send it as soon as a shipment arrives from Brazil, or whatever. Here we are coming up on June. Cabela's in Hammond, Indiana sent it out for me ($30), but now say it's out of their hands! Any advise ( other than don't ever buy a Taurus ).

Old 05-29-2009, 04:44 AM   #12

MAN!! that's something else!
Surprised it didn't break your hand or worse?
What's Taurus doing about it?
I'd be talking to a lawyer about my rights.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:31 AM   #13

Liked 188 Times on 139 Posts

And I have seen pictures of blown up Super Blackhawks, and the barrel on a RedHawk snapped off the same way as described, and Smith and Wessons will lock themselves and fall apart when you open them after firing, and Volvos left running will jump into gear and run over their soccer Mom mother owners, and electric coffee makers burn down houses every day.
All of these products are manufactured and operated by people. You can drive down any highway in America for 10 minutes and you ought to be able to see what the problem is.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
And I have seen pictures of blown up Super Blackhawks, and the barrel on a RedHawk snapped off the same way as described, and Smith and Wessons will lock themselves and fall apart when you open them after firing, and Volvos left running will jump into gear and run over their soccer Mom mother owners, and electric coffee makers burn down houses every day.
All of these products are manufactured and operated by people. You can drive down any highway in America for 10 minutes and you ought to be able to see what the problem is.

I see your point.
But if operator error is not to blame, then the merchandise
is defective from the mfg.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #15

Liked 41 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default Tuarus barrels

Here is a video of a taurus barrel blowing off

Old 06-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #16

I carry a M66b4 every day; and mine has over a 1500 rounds through it by now with zero problems.

Taurus customer service can be a pain in the ass, but they WILL fix and/or replace it. I own a couple of Taurus guns and I love them. The M66 especially has been an absolute nail-driver for me. It is my favorite weapon.

Any manufacturer of mechanical devices will have a certain percentage of duds, and as with most large companies, customer service is not always as good as we'd like. This is life. I have gone rounds with Ruger over my super-redhawk, and Auto-Ordnance has by far the worst customer service I've ever observed. OF course, I only have one data point for that, and I can't assume everybody has had to deal with "Bill" at auto-ordnance as much as I have.

Send it back to Taurus and tell us what happens.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default After one year -got my 357 gun back

My 357 was tested after 1 1/2 years they found.
Did any body else have a Tauras 357 --BLOW UP ???
Please e-mail me
martyslures@yahoo.com

Old 06-23-2009, 10:55 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default 357 mag gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by prolson View Post
My barrel cracked on my Snub 38 after I used less than 50 rounds. Taurus has a lifetime warranty. They recieved mine at the (factory) in Florida in January. I've called over a dozen times and get the same answer. We are sending it now! When I call back, I get another excuse, and they will send it as soon as a shipment arrives from Brazil, or whatever. Here we are coming up on June. Cabela's in Hammond, Indiana sent it out for me ($30), but now say it's out of their hands! Any advise ( other than don't ever buy a Taurus ).
Did you get you gun back ?
I will be sending my soon.
Can you e-mail me martyslures@yahoo.com

Old 06-24-2009, 01:19 AM   #19

Liked 188 Times on 139 Posts

Well, I've seen a blown up Super Blackhawk, a Redhawk that snapped the barrel off at the frame, a Colt SAA 44-40 split the cylinder wide open, a Smith 29 that blew the cylinder and frame to bits, a J frame Smith that spit the barrel out of the frame with 38 Spls., a Remington 760 in 30-06 that blew the barrel out right ahead of the chamber (a double charge of powder), and I personally had a 20 ga. Mossberg blow the end of the barrel off. So a Taurus can now be added to the list. Big deal. Anything mechanical can and sooner or later will fail. What the root cause is I will never know, and I sure won't lay awake worrying about it.
Taurus have a lifetime warranty. I haven't heard of them not getting something back within a lifetime yet.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:06 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3455 Times on 1779 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Watch the you tube video. There is a huge flame from BEHIND the cylinder. Obviously the case failed and allowed the gasses to vent to the rear. The question (for me) is why was there no flame out the front of the cylinder or muzzle? It appears there was some sort of obstruction. With out more info it is nearly impossible to learn why it happened

Closed Thread