Taurus .357 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Taurus .357

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I worked in a gun shop as my first job, and I continue to shoot and examine guns. Guns have been and will continue to be a passion of mine.

I must agree with Rebailey: Taurus is doing what Japanese companies (esp. Toyota) did several years ago. They have decided to offer top-quality products at a very low price in order to get into the market. Their quality control has gone up from the original 92 knock-offs and now they are eating a larger share of the market.

So, lets compare S&W and Taurus wheel guns:

-Both offer lifetime warranties
-Both have proven to be reliable (I have found that the Taurus actions are smoother out-of-the-box)
-Taurus guns are have the price of S&W.

So, if you are looking for an affordable gun to shoot or carry, Tarus is a good option right now.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
I bought a Taurus .357 last year. MODEL 605.

I've taken it to the range probably 10 times now and I can't hit much with it. The grip is all wrong for me, after just a dozen rounds my hand starts feeling it quite a bit.

Anyone else run into this before o have any opinions on this model?

This is a picture of it;
I've fired 50 rounds from my new Taurus 605. It takes practice in DA for sure but I had a consistent group at 15 yards in SA. This leads me to believe the problem you mention is user error ..... Yep it kicks like a mule just like a small frame 357 mag should. I would have been very disappointed otherwise. I also fired into a styrofoam ice chest with several phonebooks inside and left a whole approximately 3 1/2 inches across and much deeper than my 45. Extremely satisfied and carry it as my back up every day.

Last edited by popps30; 05-07-2010 at 02:17 AM. Reason: User error

Old 05-07-2010, 07:06 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

It's the zombie revival of the three years old dead thread!!!

Welcome!

Old 05-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Get a different grips it did wonders for me!

It points very naturally now and even tough they are wood the recoil impulse is reduced. The grip has a large palm swell and fills the hand, better distributing the recoil energy over a larger area thereby reducing felt recoil.

Attachment 14131

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 09-30-2010 at 03:40 AM.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
It's the zombie revival of the three years old dead thread!!!

Welcome!
Jokes on me! I did'nt even look at the date since I'm new to this thread thing. Yes Taurus had a bad reputation but I comapired it to a S+W 357 while at the range and I could not find one thing that would make me spend $200 more just for the S+W name.
Same with my Ruger P 90. I've put well over 1500 rounds through it without a single misfeed or complaint. Both are as accurate as any compairable handgun. If I were rich I'd drive a BMW but my little Nissan gets me there for a 20th of the price....know what I mean? I love my Taurus and Ruger!
I do like the looks of the wood grip! Are those Hogue?

Old 11-13-2010, 07:50 AM   #16

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I also have a 605 (blue), and if your has the small grips like mine does i understand where your coming from. at first it was very akward shooting hot magnums out of it but after some practice i have actually dialed this gun in very nicely. i know that crimson laser grips for this gun are almost the same price as the gun itself but they are great for shooting anything over 15-20 yards. This is a great gun and is very well built, the days of taurus hating are over (atleast for revolvers). keep on shooting