Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Taurus .327 cylinder jamming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Still Waiting.....

I know I'm whining a bit, but it does suck to have a new gun and the manufacturer has had it longer than I have....I am still waiting for Taurus to get my .327 back to me. They were supposed to have taken it in front of the QC Review Board for disposition, but have never gotten back to my dealer. On the first trip to them for sticking cartridges and mis-fires, they sent in back after several weeks and said they had fixed the trigger...after 24 shells, no mis-fires...However, they failed to fix the spent shells sticking in the cylinder so we sent it back next day...

Now several weeks later.....I'm still waiting. The shop owner has been given the run around by Taurus, never speaking to the same person twice...and no one knows what's going on...

I really want to like Taurus, I really do! But it's getting tougher everyday...I'm thankful to have a good GS where they are trying to help their customer! I'd recommend them anytime...Jury's still out on Taurus

Old 06-23-2009, 03:57 AM   #12

FlyFisherman, I'd ask for a replacement.
Sounds like you're dealing with a super GS,
ask them to go to bat for you and get a replacement from the mfg.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticman View Post
Love that car hillbilly68, when you gonna sell it?
Haa, thanks! Think the only way I would part with her is for a 70 Chevelle SS. And she just can't compete with that (for now!).

Old 07-10-2009, 01:25 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
FlyFisherman, I'd ask for a replacement.
Sounds like you're dealing with a super GS,
ask them to go to bat for you and get a replacement from the mfg.
Well, today's 7/9 and I still haven't gotten my .327 back from Taurus...According to my gun store, (and they are a good one!), the gun went before Taurus' review board (3 wks ago) and they are going to give me a new gun...this has been a long and tedious project, just to get a personal protection weapon that one can count on...According to the local gun store, this is to be in this week..but tomorrow's Friday w/no gun yet. First stop this as soon as it comes back will be at the range. Hopefully, they will have gotten ALL the bugs out of this gun. If not, they can keep it and I'll got to a .45.

I really want to like Taurus...I really do!

Old 07-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #15

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post
Believe the first issue is it is a Taurus. The name and cylinder bind are almost synonymous. Their revolvers are plagued with this malfunction.
Golly, I have two Taurus revolvers and neither of them have had any sort of problem. Model 85 ultralight as wife's carry gun, and model 617 .357 mag. is my "in a mood to carry a wheelgun" gun.

Ditto about sending them back to the maker. Give them a chance to make it right.

The .327 is a relatively new model in thier line-up, and there is an old saying; "Never trust a low serial number." I had a very bad experience with a new model Sig a few years ago, and they made it right, by replacing the whole gun.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 07-17-2009, 01:44 AM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Mfgs

I'll just say it and get it over with. Ruger, S&W, Taurus, et. al. their
customer service leaves a lot to be desired.