suggestions for new revolvers - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > suggestions for new revolvers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The Ruger GP100 is a great revolver. I have a nice 6" blued. I recommended the Taurus because the oringinal post was asking for a low priced knock around weapon. No offense, but you won't find a new GP100 on gunbroker for $300-$400. As a matter of fact, gunbroker in my opinion does not offer any deals, like most gun shows now, they end up at retail prices. Just about any respectable gun manufactuer offers a line of revolvers that will outlive all of us. Just my 2 cents.

Never forget 911

When you think of your freedom. Thank a Veteran!

Old 12-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I don't want to get in a pissing contest, but I personally stay away from Taurus. That's why I recommended the Rugers.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-06-2009, 08:44 PM   #13

Liked 99 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 109

i already have a GP100 and i baby it to much, thats why im looking for a new cheap revolver i can beat up such as this one which i found last night.and yes its a 357 and comes with a 4" barrel that fires from the bottom of the cylinder.

Chiappa Firearms

Old 12-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I don't want to get in a pissing contest, but I personally stay away from Taurus. That's why I recommended the Rugers.
Same here. We could (and have) argue over the quality and benefits of Taurus or other lesser firearm companies for days, but with Ruger, you know what your gonna get. I don't why anyone would feel the need to "baby" a GP100. I have dropped my SP101 once and you should see the dent it put on my floor. Not a scratch on the gun.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #15

Liked 99 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 109

My GP100 is one of my favroite guns, more so then my glock, every time i go to the mountains i take it with me. I would feel bad about climbing down to the river and it slip somehow and go banging down the rocks, aside from the fact i paid a good penny for it.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:08 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
May I ask why you don't like the Taurus? Do you own one?

Never forget 911

Old 12-07-2009, 05:11 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkricket View Post
i already have a GP100 and i baby it to much, thats why im looking for a new cheap revolver i can beat up such as this one which i found last night.and yes its a 357 and comes with a 4" barrel that fires from the bottom of the cylinder.

Chiappa Firearms
Hey Deathkricket,
These revolvers are not priced yet. the manufacturer is supposedly out of business. They are supposed to go for close to $2000.00. I might be wrong, but that is what some other sites have been discussing.

Never forget 911

Old 12-07-2009, 05:20 AM   #18

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If you have a GP 100 that should be all you need.....even if you are prone to rolling in dirt.

Since guns are in high demand these days you are probably not going to find one that is good quality and cheap. Maybe if you are lucky and hunt around some classified ads on some of the online forums or an onlinne gun store, but otherwise you probably going to pay $300+ unless its a .22 calibur gun.

You said it was for self defense, but what does that mean? Is this a CC gun or just a woods walker? I assume its the latter, but even then I woulld take the GP 100 and not worry about dirt.....they are easy to clean and unless you plan on selling it a few nicks and scratches give it character.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:42 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirt001 View Post
May I ask why you don't like the Taurus? Do you own one?
Shirt, I'll send you a PM. I don't want to hijack the OP's thread.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #20
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkricket View Post
Looking for a new revolver with a 4" barrel and in 357, it will be mainly a self defense weapon. Im looking for low cost but still good quality,i know you get what you pay for but something like the EEA windicator would be nice. just want some suggestions for cheap but good manufacture's names.the only kinda revolvers i cant stand are the broom handle type like below.

http://www.weaponsofchoicetheatrical.com/modern58.jpg
IF you take your time, you could find a COLT Python, Trooper, or a King Cobra at a reasonable price. I have a stainless steel King Cobra with a 4" barrel. The action is smooth as glass, and you can fire +P .357 Magnums in it all day. I wouldn't trade my Colt for a dozen other .357's. OK, maybe a 686 Smith & Wesson...