Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Revolver Handguns (
-   -   Sp 101 grips (

capto56 05-15-2013 06:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just wondering what kind of grips people have put on their sp's. I've seen some wood grain types I like. Include links if available. Also inserts if anyone has them.

I believe there is the older sp 101 also which has a different screw placement. Mine is the newer model with the one central screw in the middle of the insert.

Attachment 101178

I do like the stock grips but am interested in a new look. I know there are other sp 101 threads but I wanted to make one specifically for grips. Thanks for any feedback.

nosreme 05-19-2013 12:02 PM

The stock 101 grips are pathetic for anybody with large hands. I have a Hogue grip on one of mine and am going to get Hogue again and/or Trausch for a second one I just picked up.

ScottA 05-19-2013 01:19 PM

I have a Hogue Monogrip on mine. It is a drastic improvement over the originals, particularly when shooting magnum rounds.

Seven 05-19-2013 02:40 PM

Hogue Camo Lamo (<link) is what I put on mine.

Like ScottA said they make the SP more comfortable/controlable to shoot. imo. I liked the round butt design (for CC) and the color looks tons better in person than on Hogue's site.

danolator 05-20-2013 05:54 PM

My hand sweats too much for those beautiful wood grips & the plastic grips are even worse. So I go with old faithful.....Hogue rubber grips with finger grooves. Bottom line....whatever fits your hand, and you can hang best.

danolator 05-21-2013 01:11 AM

This thread made me go to the safe and pull out old Boo. I painted the front sight with some of my daughter's white fingernail polish. It increased visibility so much, I did it to my LCP also. Night and day. What the heck is Ruger thinking?