Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > So I want a snub revolver...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Mark,

Great quote. Simple and how appropriate!

Sail34

Old 03-03-2009, 05:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post
Smith & Wesson 442 hammerless .38 Special AirWeight

Of course if we want to play to the stereotypes...the Pink Grip model:

The Ruger SP101 would also be a good choice, and you have the option of the new chambering in .327 Federal Magnum. Search the forum and I'm sure you'll find some debate about the .327 round.

If you do decide to go with a smaller gun, spend some money on ammo and shoot the gun. The smaller & lighter the gun, usually the harder it is to shoot well. While you may only need it at arms length, you would be surprised the number of misses in gunfights at arms length.
I have that S&W .38 special airweight. Good gun. Great for concealed carry

Old 03-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #13

You may want to look at the Taurus revolvers, a lot of the snubby's can be had for less than $400. I bought the Model 605 .357 for right at $330, their pretty good guns for the price, ive had no problems with mine

Old 03-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #14

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I recently let my wife choose and she got a S&W model 442 in .38+P airweight DAO or "hammerless". The only recommendation I make as to improving it is to install a Wolff spring kit to SAFELY and RELIABLY reduce felt pull weight by 40%.She also had me put a "Clipdraw" on it so that she may carry it IWB safely & securely without a holster.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #15

Liked 73 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm in love with my Ruger SP101. It's the 2.25" barrel, shaved hammer, and has the crimson trace laser grips.

The grips added significantly to the price, but it was still cheaper than alot of S&W's i've seen. Also, the stainless steel is a bit heavy, but i feel good knowing i own the most durable .357 on the market.

It's also heavy enough so that shooting .357 from it is only slightly uncomfortable...

Old 03-07-2009, 06:02 PM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

My ssis-in-law has a Taurus titanium .38. Not sure if it's called a model 85 when made of titanium. Came with Crimson Trace grips, it's a SWEETHEART of a carry gun. Just got the lovely Mrs Freefall a Kel-Tec P9. Haven't even fired it yet, later today.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:53 AM   #17

Man I really appreciate all the comments!

I've researched all the ideas and I'm pretty set on one...

The Ruger LCR! There isn't very many reviews yet that I can find seeing as it's new and everything.. But from what I've read on the Ruger site about it I think I would be pretty happy if I got it.

"The LCR's double-action trigger pull is uniquely engineered to minimize friction between the fire control components, resulting in a non-stacking, smooth trigger pull. The trigger force builds more gradually, and peaks later in the trigger stroke, resulting in a trigger pull that feels much lighter than it actually is. This results in more comfortable shooting, even among those with smaller, weaker hands." -Ruger.com

And I also love how light the gun is!

But I'm not sure if I should hold off til I see more reviews.. if I do get it(which I most likely will) and I don't like it I'll just give it to my boyfriend

Thanks for all the advice and replys!!!!

I cook, I clean, I serve... plus I shoot. :D

Old 03-11-2009, 03:48 AM   #18
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thaty is a good choice but I would find a range that rents that pistol and shoot it before you buy. The S&W 442 air weight is a sweet pistol and I would suggest you shoot it at a range that rents before you decide.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #19

I have the Taurus 651. I have been really happy with this gun. It shoots really well and has some good range to! Only issue now is thanks to our great leader BO I cant go plinking everyday with it

Old 03-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #20

I carry a Taurus 605 every day. I have 3500 rounds through it without a single problem. It is a great little gun.

It's 23 oz, but the weight makes .38+P recoil feel like a summer breeze. .357 makes me feel better, too.

It fits nicely in my sporran, as well.