snubby 38 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

snubby 38

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Decided it would look better in od green

forumrunner_20120513_184842.jpg

Old 05-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #12

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Some Europeans Who couldn't afford the price of a new motorcycle to purchase a Colt or S&W revolver,don't seem to have as smug a disregard for Smidt,Arminus or Rohm handguns that we do.
That having been said:if this gun is tight it's probably ok with a moderate diet of standard power 38spl.loads.Over a period of time you should watch for frame stretch(increased barrel gap)or a loosening of the barrel(it's pinned for a VERY good reason)
If yours has the stepped ejector rod (like the H&R Sentinels)that holds the cylinder crane in place at the front,it would probably be a good idea to take out the spring tension on the ejector rod to close the crane in hopes of not prematurely wearing out the frame(a common wear problem on soft alloy frames of unknown composition)
For the detractors of the alloy frame,the EAA Windicator in 357 has an alloy white metal frame and I have seen several with thousands of rounds down range and still doing quite well.(I'm pretty confident that at least the early ones weren't aluminum, except for perhaps the barrel shroud)
Even the S&W model 12, 37's had a reputation for stretching the frames if shot a lot or EVER with +p loads.(IMOPO)

After being verified,it still looks like a nice little BUG.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

At least the brand is semi-famous for something; that idjut shot Reagan, the traitor to firearms freedoms {spits}, with a RG in .22.
Hey, maybe Jodie Foster would autograph it for you?

Old 05-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #14

Are you saying that if I trade some of this plastic junk off for a classic RG- 22 that Jodie will finally realize that I'm the only one who could ever REALLY love her!!!?

Old 05-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tsmith View Post
Are you saying that if I trade some of this plastic junk off for a classic RG- 22 that Jodie will finally realize that I'm the only one who could ever REALLY love her!!!?
Never know man, she really seemed to like that Kahr MK9 in that one movie. Cool chicks dig guns.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #16

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Back before the 1968 Gun Laws you could order an RG .22 thru the mail for $12.00. [Depending on your state laws] These little "Pot" metal pistols were called Sat.Night Specials by the Anti Gunners.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:55 AM   #17
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If you're hell bent for election to actually fire it, rather than set on the range post and shoot it....pleaase please PLEASE wear gloves as well as eyes and ears!

I saw one come apart...and I mean ALL THE WAY APART at an indoor range some years ago. The guy was firing hollow base wadcutters.

I hope it works out for you.

Be safe.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #18

I'd never advise against common sense caution.I've found that leather gloves,an acrylic face shield and a leather forge apron for the first time firing of risky C&R or antiques isn't sissy stuff. Then again I might not slam flat faced wad cutters into the forcing cone of an older low end revolver no matter how mild they're reputed to be loaded.
Personally I'd rather leave terms like "Saturday Night Special"and "Hotter Than a Two Dollar Pistol" to gun banning hacks who used those terms to dump on the constitutional rights of anyone who owned a gun with a barrel less than 4 inches,although most certainly the cheap guns are always a favorite SOFT TARGET for disarming the poor or disadvantaged FIRST.
I sometimes wonder what a list of people who are still alive even though they could only afford an H&R,Iver Johnson,Hopkins&Allen,Lorcin,Rohm/Fie/ExCam..etc..etc...would look like.Bet it would be pretty impressive.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #19

Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Never know man, she really seemed to like that Kahr MK9 in that one movie. Cool chicks dig guns.
Jodie Foster is about as rabid an anti-gun nut as ever existed. She just has no qualms about personal hypocrisy either... No big surprise there.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #20

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucznik View Post
Jodie Foster is about as rabid an anti-gun nut as ever existed. She just has no qualms about personal hypocrisy either... No big surprise there.
Doubt she owns a RG then