Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Smith & Wesson Model 500

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 06:00 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Funny and no help at all ...

Looking for people who have expereince with big boy guns
I really don't think that is an appropriate comment, when people have already chimed in to help you out.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:17 AM   #12
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 753X0 View Post
I really don't think that is an appropriate comment, when people have already chimed in to help you out.
I believe I accepted those that offered input to my OP.
I expect orangello took no offense to my post
He's a fellow supporting member and someone I respect
Might of chimed in here juust to ring my bell
If your shorts are still in a bunch PM him and ask for his thoughts

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Funny and no help at all ...

Looking for people who have expereince with big boy guns
Shorts in a bunch???
You're the one who made the above post after I and Trex tried to help you out.
You didn't say you and Orangello had some sort of inside joke.
As far as trying to intimidate me, by sending me PM's stating you paid 15 bucks to be a supporting member, you have to be kidding. You think you own this place?????

Old 07-25-2009, 06:27 PM   #14
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5618 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 4704

Quote:
I expect orangello took no offense to my post
He's a fellow supporting member and someone I respect
Might of chimed in here juust to ring my bell
None taken, pretty much {ding ding}, and would enjoy watching someone shoot that hand cannon for their first time if you guys take a celly or digicam (especially if somebody makes a girly scream).

Old 07-26-2009, 05:08 AM   #15
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Shorts in a bunch???
You're the one who made the above post after I and Trex tried to help you out.
You didn't say you and Orangello had some sort of inside joke.
As far as trying to intimidate me, by sending me PM's stating you paid 15 bucks to be a supporting member, you have to be kidding. You think you own this place?????
Lighten up....a whole bunch, why pick a fight where there is no reason for it? Do you or Trex have any pictures or vid shooting this beast? It would be good to see. The PM was to express that OG and I know each other and I didn't punk him. The $15 is a SM fee, doesn't mean I own this place, just contribute to making it all it can be.

What's up with all the anger?

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:18 AM   #16
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
None taken, pretty much {ding ding}, and would enjoy watching someone shoot that hand cannon for their first time if you guys take a celly or digicam (especially if somebody makes a girly scream).
I will take some vid when we go shoot. I sent him some Utube vids (bad idea) and he's not so excited to go shoot it. All the same I want to shoot the pistol and might work out a trade, he likes my mose tact shotgun and my P95. Seems like a fair trade for something he doesn't like/want and something I would like to add to the collection.

The girly scream might be hard to get

Quote:

Old 07-26-2009, 06:44 AM   #17

WDB, actually that wouldn't be a bad trade, IMHO.
The shots on youtube are mostly people trying to Punk each other.
If you just hold a little muscle tension, not alot, and let the gun kick you can shoot a whole box through it.
The biggest mistake is people being afraid of the gun, (btw I was speaking in generalities when I made that comment), and gripping too tightly, and fighting the recoil. When you do this the gun just has a chance to hurt you. Just let the gun buck, while holding a little tension in your shoulders, elbows, wrist. You'll do just fine.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:29 AM   #18
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
WDB, actually that wouldn't be a bad trade, IMHO.
The shots on youtube are mostly people trying to Punk each other.
If you just hold a little muscle tension, not alot, and let the gun kick you can shoot a whole box through it.
The biggest mistake is people being afraid of the gun, (btw I was speaking in generalities when I made that comment), and gripping too tightly, and fighting the recoil. When you do this the gun just has a chance to hurt you. Just let the gun buck, while holding a little tension in your shoulders, elbows, wrist. You'll do just fine.
Thanks 753,
I think it would be a fair trade a couple of firearms he is good with using/wants and I get an odd one to put in the safe and shoot on occasion. The price of the ammo pretty much makes this a "every now and then pistol". I'm not concerned with shooting the pistol, I was looking more for info from those that own the pistol and how it holds up over time. It's a lot of energy being expressed and I had concerned how the pistol holds up over time.

Quote:

Old 07-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #19

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The X frame S&W model 500 is more of a straight back push due to the excellent design of the muzzlebreak. It has much less muzzle rise than I expected. It IS LOUD so I recommend wearing earplugs & muffs both. Honestly-the 500 "kicks" less & has much less muzzle rise than an .454 Casull with no muzzlebreak. I've even shot them with 1 hand. Quit your worrying-if I can shoot 1 with the steel plate & all the nuts/bolts in my right wrist I'm sure you can. The ONLY reason I don't get 1 is because I already have the Casull & I wouldn't be able to afford to feed the 500.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!