Smith and wesson
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Smith and wesson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Smith and wesson

Just bought a smith & Wesson model 627 .357 eight round mag gun with a four inch barrel and love it !

What would u recommend for my wife to carry in her purse concealed the same gun but a 2.5 inch barrel ?

Any amazing female guns with knockdown power that won't misfire ?

Sorry for the spelling mistakes but this message was sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #2

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I wouldn't recommend an N-frame for a female unless she has "man hands". The frame is just too big. If you want a snubbie, I'd recommend a Model 19 or 66.

I own a 627PC and several 66s and my wife prefers the 66.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #3

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

A M627 as a purse gun?

Here's a thought, ask her what she wants.

Regardless of the circumstance, if I ever find myself in a gunfight with a woman, the one gun I pray she had to draw would be the 8 round N frame S&W from a purse.

No offense, jsinsak, but unless she is required to walk 5 blocks from the parking garage to work, at night, in downtown Detroit, she does not need that much firepower. The surprise of a woman defending herself with a firearm is usually enough deterrent in itself. Competent firearm handling fortifies the surprise and drawing an N frame from a purse doesn't lend itself to consistent muscle memory.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3085 Times on 1546 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Is she comfortable with the idea of a seriously large revolver in her purse? Have her shoot yours and let her decide if she wants to head down that road.
Then, assuming it's all systems go, I'd look into the 327 (2") or the night guard version (2.5".) It's a bit less of a boat anchor, it loses approx 10 + oz in weight.
I have to admit that it would be seriously cool, if it's realistic for her purposes.

NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Last edited by Overkill0084; 03-02-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 282 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Agree w overkill84, Nightguard is one hell of a gun albeit overpriced but that was not a variable for this thread. It can be purchased in 7 or 8 shot configurations ( L or N frame ) Both are too big for purse carry, in my opinion.

J-frame snubbies are designed for concealed carry but they will NOT shoot w the accuracy & comfort of a N frame. Even when worked on, J frame actions just seem rougher. No idea why but I'm not the first to point this out.