Small revolver - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Small revolver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 05:35 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Have you tried the SR9C in small of back position? I love revolvers but putting one in your waistband is like shoplifting turnips. If you want to carry a revolver I would seriously look into a Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig and plan on wearing a covering garment. The inverted shoulder rig was originally invented for ladies to carry with. just reach under the off breast, grab the handle and you're in business. At least that's what I was told.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:07 AM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I love my S&W Lady Smiths, both of them. I have both the revolver and the Semi. I carried the Revolver for years and she never let me down. The Semi is a fairly new member of the family but they get along well.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 07-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Personally, I like Smith triggers better, but I have shot an LCR, and it was pretty nice.

If you're concerned more with the size than the weight, I'd agree with an earlier poster about the Ruger SP101. Its dimensions are similar to the revolvers you mentioned, but it's heavier, which makes for smoother shooting.

My wife prefers SOB carry IWB, but she carries a single-stack semi.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 07-04-2011, 12:53 AM   #14
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3272 Times on 1814 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Please don't take my butting in as anything but an attempt to be helpful but IWB carry is generally not all that effective or comfortable for women. Seems that men are relatively flat from the hips to the legs whereas women have hips that cause the holster to flare out...and force the grip into your ribcage...
I need all the help I can get Yeah... I'm not shaped like a board. but my back is fairly straight so I have considered a SOB carry method or a kidney position just right of the center of my back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The inverted shoulder rig was originally invented for ladies to carry with. just reach under the off breast, grab the handle and you're in business. At least that's what I was told.
My shoulder rig has worked fairly well for me but it gets pretty hot here during the summer which is why I'm looking for a new method of carry, not necessarily why I'm looking for a new gun though (that may be an disease for which there is no cure) I actually found that my breasts get in the way in a cross draw situation, the only thing that really bothered me about my shoulder holster...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Last edited by Cinderocka1989; 07-04-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:25 AM   #15
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The Ruger LCR and the S&W airweights are both fine choices. I've shot both a great deal when looking for a summer/casual carry CC pistol. I purchased a S&W 642 Centennial, in part because I found one NIB before I found a LCR. It's a good pistol with an internal hammer (even less to snag on), stainless steel and aluminum construction and truly light weight.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to buy.

model_642_.jpg  

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #16

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Just posted this in another thread. Looks like Will beat me to this one.

You should take a look at wheel guns.

My Ruger Elsie Ahrrr.....

In it's Alabama Holster pocket holster loaded with Corbon TR 38SPL+P 110gr DPX's.

ruger-lcr357.jpg  

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #17

Default Try the lighest 357 ever made

HERE IS MY 340pd sHOOTS 357,+P AND 38 LIGHEST AND MOST COMFORTABLE

guns-007.jpg