Single Actions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Single Actions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Default Single Actions

Well since the there has been a little talk of single actions around here as of late I decided to post up a few of mine.
Top to bottom
Single Ten
New Vaquero in .357
Cimarron Frontier in .357
Pietta 1858 Remington in .44

Of these four I really like the Vaquero. It's fit and finish is better than the Cimarron, but I really like the more classic feel of the Cimarron.

sas.jpg   sas2.jpg  

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-18-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8456 Times on 4899 Posts
Likes Given: 11023

Nice. I wish I had more SA's. Then again I wish I had more guns period! I recently picked up a Winchester 1886 lever gun (an original made in 1886) that is at the gunsmith getting checked out to see if it cane be safely fired (I'm sure it can, just wanting to be extra safe). I don't have the pics with me but I did post a thread on it.

Now is I could only pick up a good SA Colt from the same time period!

Old 11-18-2012, 01:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Nice. I wish I had more SA's. Then again I wish I had more guns period! I recently picked up a Winchester 1886 lever gun (an original made in 1886) that is at the gunsmith getting checked out to see if it cane be safely fired (I'm sure it can, just wanting to be extra safe). I don't have the pics with me but I did post a thread on it.

Now is I could only pick up a good SA Colt from the same time period!
Is that the one you got in a package deal for a crazy price? I don't have the scratch for the real deals and I plan on shooting some CAS and I'd hate to tear up an historic Colt. The next one I want is the replica of John Wayne's Colt that Cimarron makes. My friends think I am too young to have a thing for SA's, I'm 37 and really hope to pass my passion for classic firearms to my son. My dad's Winchester 94 will be coming home to me the day after Thanksgiving as well as his old, no name single shot 12 ga and my Great Grandfathers single shot 12ga. I have no idea what make they are, but they are treasures to me. Dad died back in '99 and my brother has had these since, he says he has no use for them and I am welcome to them. The one of dad's guns that he is keeping is his 30.06, which is set up for a lefty anyways.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

Old 11-18-2012, 01:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
Is that the one you got in a package deal for a crazy price? I don't have the scratch for the real deals and I plan on shooting some CAS and I'd hate to tear up an historic Colt. The next one I want is the replica of John Wayne's Colt that Cimarron makes. My friends think I am too young to have a thing for SA's, I'm 37 and really hope to pass my passion for classic firearms to my son. My dad's Winchester 94 will be coming home to me the day after Thanksgiving as well as his old, no name single shot 12 ga and my Great Grandfathers single shot 12ga. I have no idea what make they are, but they are treasures to me. Dad died back in '99 and my brother has had these since, he says he has no use for them and I am welcome to them. The one of dad's guns that he is keeping is his 30.06, which is set up for a lefty anyways.
Yes, that's the one. The .22s are pretty cool too. My son cleaned up the Remington and shot it. He was hitting a golf ball at 50 yards offhand with no trouble. Still need a magazine for the Winchester 77 (well, that or shoot it without the mag.). The 1886 is the one I like the most though. It may very well be the first gun I put up on display in the living room (if the wife will allow it).
Oh, and I paid $200 for all three plus a boat=load of reloading gear and some cartridges from the 1950's still in the original boxes and in great shape (for the collection).
Old 11-18-2012, 02:05 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

Nice single actions. Your never too young for em!!!!

Old 11-18-2012, 02:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
Nice single actions. Your never too young for em!!!!
Quite true. My teenagers absolutely love em!

Old 11-18-2012, 02:57 AM   #7

Liked 761 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 274

Nice sixers, JD! Gonna need different grips on that Vaquero though, to match those holsters!

dhcustomwork.com
/ dhcustomwork@gmail.com

Old 11-18-2012, 03:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBaller71 View Post
Nice sixers, JD! Gonna need different grips on that Vaquero though, to match those holsters!
I hate the stocks on the Vaquero, they feel so wrong for a gun of this style, who ever heard of a six gun with plastic stocks. I have a wood worker friend that is going to make some walnut stocks for it for me.

J.B. Books

Old 11-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #9

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

I was pretty excited to hear about the Ruger 10 comin out--
Then i saw the sites

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
I was pretty excited to hear about the Ruger 10 comin out--
Then i saw the sites
Yea they don't look all that great but they sure are easy to see. This will be the handgun I use to teach my kids, I figure the fiber optic sites will help them (they also help my poor old eyes).

J.B. Books