Single Action for defense? - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Single Action for defense?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
This discussion shows that different folks use different strokes.
I've been watching this thread since my comment on the first page. Really, the biggest thing this thread shows is how stuck up and gun snobbish some of our members are. I'm very disappointed. Bad publicity for the whole damn forum. I love the "I'm a defensive hand gunning God, obey my law or die" kind of attitude some of our members have displayed. Wow. Really? Someone two pages ago laid out the must important aspects of a carry gun, "and they must be considered exactly in the order I stated" whatever. Get the **** over yourself.

OP, again, if it slings lead, it's a viable self defense option. As with any tool, practice for proficiency. As the more polite members stated, it wouldn't be my first choice, but, if I were a felon, or for some other reason not able to own a gun, I'd carry a knife. Then we could all argue how my only chance of survival would be to carry a fixed blade exotic combat knife, instead of my little home made stubbie working knife.

forumrunner_20130219_072621.jpg
People Like This 
Old 02-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #72
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6792 Times on 3610 Posts
Likes Given: 506

I think the op has enough info and complete answers. At this point its just beating people up over their opinions and thats not ok.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
People Like This 
Closed Thread