Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Shoulder Holster for GP100?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 05:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Shoulder Holster for GP100?

I own a GP100, and since I applied for my Concealed Carry Permit the other day, i want to buy a shoulder holster for it.

I own a Ruger LCP which I will carry MUCH more often than the GP100, but on the occasion that I choose to pack my hand-cannon, what brand or style of shoulder holster do you guys recommend ? I know that I will really only be able to use it in the winter when I wear a jacket, but I still want one.

Thanks for the input-

-Being a revolver, it obviously does not need to be the kind that can hold extra magazines...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-09-2010, 03:00 AM   #2

My daily carry gun is Para 7-45 LDA in a Bianchi X - 15 shoulder holster, but when I'm in the woods here in North Carolina, I carry a S&W 686 Plus (seven shot) 4" barrel in the same X -15 holster and two speed loaders in a belt carrier carrying 270 gn. jacketed soft point hand loads. I've had the X-15 for 40 years and its had lots of use, but still works fine, except that it squeaks when you move. A little wax helps reduce that. I've thinking of looking into getting a Blackhawk closed cell shoulder holster or a nylon Hunter holster or most likely, a Bianchi Ballistic weave nylon. Make sure it is vertical carry.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #3

mv,

Have you ever considered carrying inside the waist band (IWB)? I carry my 3" GP-100 that way all the time. I use a holster made by Tucker Gunleather called the Texas Heratige. It is superbly comfortable and I can simply cover it up by using an untucked shirt or tshirt. Here is my gun & holster. This holster is also tuckable, meaning you can tuck your shirt in between the holster and clips. Bloom it out a bit and it disappears.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I have an Original Jackass Leather horizontal carry that I carry my Security Six in. It's extremely comfortable, fairly unobtrusive, turned into Galco. Check it out.