Self Defense Revolvers for Woman? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Self Defense Revolvers for Woman?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 841 Times on 541 Posts
Likes Given: 256

I myself carry a model 37. I would stay away from all +P loads in any snubby. What's the point of shooting fire out the barrel and absorbing all the recoil/jump? I carry 115 grain hollow points. Put a couple of those in someone and they are going to be a hurtin' unit.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #12

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall
I myself carry a model 37. I would stay away from all +P loads in any snubby. What's the point of shooting fire out the barrel and absorbing all the recoil/jump? I carry 115 grain hollow points. Put a couple of those in someone and they are going to be a hurtin' unit.
Hurtin? Id say they would have a major case of deaditis real soon.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #13

Liked 1316 Times on 743 Posts
Likes Given: 573

The S&W 642 J frame airweight .38 spl gets my vote. My wife likes hers.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #14
fmj

Liked 754 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Something i havent seen mentioned here

If she doesnt have the finger strength for an auto, i highly doubt shes gonna have the strength for a hammerless revolver.

Its one of the issues we have had shopping a carry pistol for my wife. I have had her fondle many a revolver, including the lady smith .38 and not a one could she work the in DA.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-04-2011, 11:56 PM   #15

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

If she doesnt have the finger strength for an auto, i highly doubt shes gonna have the strength for a hammerless revolver.

Its one of the issues we have had shopping a carry pistol for my wife. I have had her fondle many a revolver, including the lady smith .38 and not a one could she work the in DA.
It has been mentioned that she's been shooting revolvers regularly until recently.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:56 PM   #16
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2879 Times on 1580 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Im afraid to ask but how did this daughter destroy it?
The revolver was pristine when I gave it to her. She gave it back when it would not function properly. The blue was badly worn and there were scratches all over the gun. She had just dropped it in the purse with all the junk women carry. I am not sure but she may have jammed some debris into the mechanism and forced the cylinder. When I got it back the yoke was bent and it was out of time. It was a wreck and it would have cost more to repair than it was worth.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:58 PM   #17

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
The revolver was pristine when I gave it to her. She gave it back when it would not function properly. The blue was badly worn and there were scratches all over the gun. She had just dropped it in the purse with all the junk women carry. I am not sure but she may have jammed some debris into the mechanism and forced the cylinder. When I got it back the yoke was bent and it was out of time. It was a wreck and it would have cost more to repair than it was worth.
Ouch!! Id have takin a stick to her behind

Old 12-05-2011, 12:13 AM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Why does everyone think women need a snubnose? Unless she's going to carry it on her person, she'll shoot a Glock17 ten times better than any Snubby.

Maybe we just stereotype women into cute, traditional guns despite the inadequacies of said guns compared to modern options?

Old 12-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #19

Liked 1316 Times on 743 Posts
Likes Given: 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post

My wife can actually use both right and left "trigger" fingers to fire her hammerless revolver. This also helps with aim.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:54 AM   #20

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
Aw man, those are some simple DIY fixes. You still have it?