SEARCHED... Taurus Raging Bull users chime in!!! - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > SEARCHED... Taurus Raging Bull users chime in!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post
i call bs.
You would, and to you I submit "Your criticism of my work reveals an unsound technical background." I have over 35 years of experience as a Professional Firearms Instructor acquiring my first of several Firearms Instructor Certifications in 1979, including S.W.A.T. Sniper/Instructor/Technician/Team Armorer, and more. The first Glock Pistol I was issued saw 300, 000 rounds in two years which "is" documented. The fact that you do not do that, or have not done that, does not mean someone else did not just because they did not answer to you. Your "BS" comment is why I avoid these forums for the most part. I stumbled onto this one in search of information on firearms chambered for the 454 Casull and I can see the same myths and closed minded thinking still prevails which leads me to close out my account here as fast as I opened it.
My Military son would be anticlimactic to meet as you would expect a certain performance level for a male. My Military daughter would be interesting to introduce to a person who simply suggests "BS." She is 5'7" 170lbs, runs Three Miles "under" 18 minutes, gets reps at 135lbs on the bench, does 90 push ups in two minutes for PT which for your benefit is documented, has been practicing the Martial Arts since age Five, and currently still shooting Expert since joining the Military.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #42

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 233

This is what happens, I suppose, when zombie threads get dredged up. It's like a bad family gathering in which you're trying to find a polite way of backing out of. Borozon may well have the experience, I don't short that in any way but what comes to my mind is a statement a friend of mine said to me many years ago, "Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back." Sadly this thread has become a "My experiences are better than your experiences." sounding board that's looking more and more like the remembrances of childhood playground days of My dad's better than your dad." It has become childish and that's rather sad in consideration of the fact that we should be standing together to fight the gun grabbers that are so infested in our so call government. Please don't waste your efforts dissing fellow gun owners, put those efforts toward putting out of office those who no longer serve "We the People". And to think this "Taurus Raging Bull" thread started just over four years ago, I guess the title could now be Raging Bulls but hey what do I know, I'm just a 71 year old pebble in the road of life often not noticed by a tire that runs over it.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:02 PM   #43
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borozon View Post
You would, and to you I submit "Your criticism of my work reveals an unsound technical background." I have over 35 years of experience as a Professional Firearms Instructor acquiring my first of several Firearms Instructor Certifications in 1979, including S.W.A.T. Sniper/Instructor/Technician/Team Armorer, and more. The first Glock Pistol I was issued saw 300, 000 rounds in two years which "is" documented. The fact that you do not do that, or have not done that, does not mean someone else did not just because they did not answer to you. Your "BS" comment is why I avoid these forums for the most part. I stumbled onto this one in search of information on firearms chambered for the 454 Casull and I can see the same myths and closed minded thinking still prevails which leads me to close out my account here as fast as I opened it.
My Military son would be anticlimactic to meet as you would expect a certain performance level for a male. My Military daughter would be interesting to introduce to a person who simply suggests "BS." She is 5'7" 170lbs, runs Three Miles "under" 18 minutes, gets reps at 135lbs on the bench, does 90 push ups in two minutes for PT which for your benefit is documented, has been practicing the Martial Arts since age Five, and currently still shooting Expert since joining the Military.
whether you stay or leave is your choice. just because people have a different opinion doesn't mean they are close-minded. being new here and such, i think you need to establish yourself a little first before jumping to conclusions about others.

personally, i am one of those who thinks a new shooter whould start with a 22 pistol or rifle first. much cheaperto shoot and learn on, and with next to no recoil, much easier for a person to not learn bad habits due to recoil. much cheaper to shoot and learn the fundamentals on to move on to larger calibers.

my brother and i are teaching his daughters to shoot. they are shooting a 22lr, a 25 auto and a 380 acp in pistols. they are 10 and 13. there is no way, we are putting my 357 or my 44 magnums in their hands to shoot just yet. now maybe your children were exceptional when they were younger or you're a better teacher than my brother and i, but large bore handguns in the hands of those not use to them yet is looking for an accident to happen. my father has been shooting for well over 50 something years now and he is the person who taught my brother and i to shoot many, many years ago. he started us out on 22 rifles and pistols when we were young. now my father, my brother and i don't have the fancy titles like you, saying we are qualified or documented as a trainer like you, but we can shoot pretty decently. my father is actually a pretty gifted shooter for an old man. i shoot pretty decent as well for an older man up close and personal. up close, i am probably the best of us shooting pistols, with my father being better with pistols shooting greater distances.

so stay or go is your choice. but stick around, and even you might learn a few things. even as much as i think i know sometimes, even this old dog has learned few new tricks. your choice as to whether you want to stick it out though.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:42 AM   #44

Liked 109 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borozon View Post
dont get your undies in a bunch,
i didnt call bs on you, i called bs on the arguing when it started to get heated up. go back and look at my reply to you asking on what i was calling bs. your ignorant criticism of me shows that you either need to calm down, or pay attention, or are just tryin to start crap. if you get so defensive and lash out, then maybe your
" credentials" should be questioned.

Last edited by phildenton; 01-16-2014 at 02:50 AM.
People Like This