SEARCHED... Taurus Raging Bull users chime in!!! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > SEARCHED... Taurus Raging Bull users chime in!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 03:17 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1279 Times on 724 Posts
Likes Given: 612

I have owned just about every brand and model of the 44 Magnum over the years,and the only ones I still have-well my dad has my Ruger Redhawk-is my Taurus Raging Bull and Ruger Redhawk. The only one I regret getting rid of is my Dan Wesson with 4 different barrels.
The Ruger is built better,but the Taurus shoots rings around it.
I have never had trouble out of either one of them,and have taken game with both of them several times.

If you want a badazz hunting pistol though,the S&W 460 is a deer killing machine,but gets awfully expensive to load.

taurusragingbull44.jpg  
Old 11-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
If you want a badazz hunting pistol though,the S&W 460 is a deer killing machine,but gets awfully expensive to load.
I probably will never go hunting with it. Just want to have it as part of my arsenal

Old 11-22-2009, 09:37 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Attachment 7917

S&W500 - S&W460 - 454Casull - 445Super Mag - 475Linebaugh
Where's the .480 Ruger?

Old 11-23-2009, 07:36 AM   #14

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 237

I'm 5' 11" 157 lbs and my Redhawk is at the high end of what I feel comfortable about. So far, due to firing hundreds of rounds through it, it is the most accurate handgun I own. There was a time that I really wanted a Desert Eagle in 50 cal. but after I handled them a few times I came to the reality it was just too big for me. Another thing about those large caliber revolvers is the ammo cost. If it wasn't for handloading I really couldn't afford to do much shooting with the 44 mag or even with my pistols in 40 S&W. If you do get a Taurus get Hogue grips.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hogue Grips ??? I might go off topic, so here is the chance for the Moderators to kick me somewhere else...
In my opinion, Taurus have prodcued the best grip ever for a revolver, but I have to say that I have not seen the Hogue grips for Taurus. The grip on the Taurus is ergonomically correct in the sense that it has a non slippery surface, and the grip is wider to the top and slimmer to the bottom. So when the gun recoils it prevents the gun to slide through your fingers.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #16

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB44 View Post
Hogue Grips ??? I might go off topic, so here is the chance for the Moderators to kick me somewhere else...
In my opinion, Taurus have prodcued the best grip ever for a revolver, but I have to say that I have not seen the Hogue grips for Taurus. The grip on the Taurus is ergonomically correct in the sense that it has a non slippery surface, and the grip is wider to the top and slimmer to the bottom. So when the gun recoils it prevents the gun to slide through your fingers.
This may be so but a friend of mine that has a Taurus Tracker had a problem with the non slip surface coming off his grip and asked me what he could do, I told him Hogue made grips for his and he found them at a local firearms store. When I handled the factory grips they felt too soft. He showed me after he installed the Hogue grip and they felt better than the factory grips. The Hogue grips are ergonomic as well as being advertised as trimable to fit the owners hands.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Point taken...One should never give up on improving matters. I will definitely check it out....

Old 11-24-2009, 08:43 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
The reason why I love raging bulls so much is because of their look; the barrel is nice and thick and square looking. I'm not a fan of the "circular" type so it looks really good, and everyone seems to love their RB.

Where can I purchase the 460 xvr? That gun is definitely beast and something I would want to add to my arsenal... well, start my arsenal off at. haha.
It's not the best idea to invest in a firearm for it's "looks", unless you're going to hang it on the wall that is. A S&W will probably cost you at least double what the Taurus would, but it will last through multiple lifetimes of shooting.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
It's not the best idea to invest in a firearm for it's "looks", unless you're going to hang it on the wall that is. A S&W will probably cost you at least double what the Taurus would, but it will last through multiple lifetimes of shooting.
i couldnt agree more, my raging bull sits in the safe most of the time, i want to put a scope on it and some wood grips all just for looks and it will be shot rarely, not a good daily use kinda gun, plus its huge and bulky, BUT, i like the way it looks and feels in my hands.

I am not familiar with the other revolvers that every one is suggesting but i am sure they know what they are talking about....here is my .02

if you want the raging bull, get it! it shoots very well, i love it, but i also got it mostly for the novelty look of having a big bad ass .44 mag revolver...not to carry with me at all times

Old 08-04-2012, 05:08 AM   #20

LOL !!!

:P sorry guys ! by the time you've pulled that thing your already stabbed to death.