SEARCHED... Taurus Raging Bull users chime in!!!
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > SEARCHED... Taurus Raging Bull users chime in!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 01:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default SEARCHED... Taurus Raging Bull users chime in!!!

Okay.... So the Raging Bull line has definitely interested me.. and I am for sure going to buy a Raging Bull in either .44mag or .454 casull.

I tried to search and read up about ammo type and their differences, but I can only find the questions and answers of which is more powerful and what has a stronger kick and whatnot.

Are there any major differences worth noting between a .454 casull and a .44 mag aside from price, power output, etc? What grain is standard in each of these calibers? Anything else worth mentioning??

I also did searches of dis-assembly for the Raging Bull series and couldn't find anything about it. How extensive is the cleaning of one?

I will admit I don't really know much about revolvers, but after shooting one at the range, I fell in love with them. Granted, we were only shooting .38 special on some sort of revolver whose name I forgot, it was still a lot of fun shooting them.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-20-2009, 05:06 AM   #2

Liked 1441 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

454 Casull........240 gr XTP JHP..........1,900 ft/s.....1,923 ft·lbf
44 Rem Mag....240 gr Bonded JSP.....1,500 ft/s.....1,200 ft·lbf

Yea, big difference.

Don't know what you want this for other than the sheer testosterone value but if you really want the biggest dick you should look at the 460 S&W Mag and get a real revolver to shoot this round!

45colt454casull460sw.jpg

45 LC - 454 Casull - 460 S&W Mag

460 S&W mag...300 gr Buffalo Bore.....2,060 ft/s.....2,826 ft·lbf

s-wceomikegolden460xvrmag.jpg

Michael Golden recommends his 460 XVR Magnum.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 11-20-2009, 08:00 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Holy mother of PEARL!!!

How does that stack up against the 500magnum?

Quote:
Several manufactures currently produce the Smith & Wesson 500 cartridge, some of the top performing rounds deliver over 3,000 ft·lbf of energy with a 350 gr (23 g; 0.80 oz) bullet traveling at 602 metres per second (1,980 ft/s) , it is claimed to be the most powerful handgun cartridge commercially manufactured, and provides power similar to long established wildcat cartridges such as the .375 JDJ and pistol loadings of the .45-70 Government. Recently, it has been widely compared to the .460 S&W Magnum's muzzle velocity and energy.[8][9][10]
200px-44-500comp.jpg  

Old 11-20-2009, 08:19 AM   #4

Oh my christ on a cracker..... I cannot believe that gun...
and yes, it is moreso for the "sheer testosterone value" lol.

The reason why I love raging bulls so much is because of their look; the barrel is nice and thick and square looking. I'm not a fan of the "circular" type so it looks really good, and everyone seems to love their RB.

Where can I purchase the 460 xvr? That gun is definitely beast and something I would want to add to my arsenal... well, start my arsenal off at. haha.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:50 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post

The reason why I love raging bulls so much is because of their look; the barrel is nice and thick and square looking. I'm not a fan of the "circular" type so it looks really good, and everyone seems to love their RB.

Where can I purchase the 460 xvr? That gun is definitely beast and something I would want to add to my arsenal... well, start my arsenal off at. haha.
What? This will be your first handgun?? Seriously bad mistake friend.

Why do people getting a first revolver or handgun always want the biggest and baddest?

Get something smaller, learn good shooting and get training, then move up when you're ready.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post

Is this seriously your first handgun? I agree with goju, you need to work your way up to a hand cannon like that. Shoot, you need to work your way up to a 357 mag let alone a 460!
If you ABSOLUTELY have to have a magnum handgun, please go get a 357 and shoot 38s in it for a good 6 months on a regular basis(read as minimum one a week), get some experience with a softer recoil weapon, get some training and practice good fundamentals, then jump to the 357.
The ideal route would be starting with a 22 though.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Is this seriously your first handgun? I agree with goju, you need to work your way up to a hand cannon like that. Shoot, you need to work your way up to a 357 mag let alone a 460!
If you ABSOLUTELY have to have a magnum handgun, please go get a 357 and shoot 38s in it for a good 6 months on a regular basis(read as minimum one a week), get some experience with a softer recoil weapon, get some training and practice good fundamentals, then jump to the 357.
The ideal route would be starting with a 22 though.

Indeed Slip, I concur here on the good advice by Goju and Spitty. Start small, practice and practice some more and become familiar with the fundamentals, then work your way up from there. Patience grasshopper.

Do not let envy get in the way of practical. It will be well worth the wait in the long run, trust me.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 11-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #8

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You can always get a .454 Casull Raging Bull and shoot .45 Colt cowboy loads in it until you learn proficiency. Be prepared to spend hour upon hour practicing and a ton of money, even if you reload. People have the mistaken belief that shooting a handgun accurately is easy; it isn't. With little or no previous experience, you'll be lucky to consistently hit a 9" paper plate at 50 yards shooting off hand your first time out with a big-bore.
There is a very legitimate reason why most folks start with a .22.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
What? This will be your first handgun?? Seriously bad mistake friend.

Why do people getting a first revolver or handgun always want the biggest and baddest?
Well I will be getting a few as my first guns, I'm getting one of the revolvers we've been talking about, a glock in .40, and maybe an infinity hi capa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Yeah but I'm pretty good at handling recoil in my opinion. Granted I've only shot about 6 guns (not much) but I had some pretty nice groupings at 35ft, 40ft, and 50ft with most of the guns I shot. My favorite one so far is my friend's G-22, and I group the best with that gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Do not let envy get in the way of practical. It will be well worth the wait in the long run, trust me.
Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
You can always get a .454 Casull Raging Bull and shoot .45 Colt cowboy loads in it until you learn proficiency. Be prepared to spend hour upon hour practicing and a ton of money, even if you reload. People have the mistaken belief that shooting a handgun accurately is easy; it isn't. With little or no previous experience, you'll be lucky to consistently hit a 9" paper plate at 50 yards shooting off hand your first time out with a big-bore.
There is a very legitimate reason why most folks start with a .22.
Thanks for your opinions guys. I probably will end up getting a G-22 and get a revolver a month or so after. I will probably be spending 20 hours each weekend at the range to better my shot. I've read on a lot of techniques and a lot of methods on shooting stance, trigger pull, etc. I'm ready to make the commitment.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:51 PM   #10

Liked 1441 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

1500s460s454c445supermag475linebaugh.jpg

S&W500 - S&W460 - 454Casull - 445Super Mag - 475Linebaugh

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello