Sammy Davis Jr - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Sammy Davis Jr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 03:21 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Thell Reed the 7 year old wonder gun handler who would win the Colt Firearms search for the fastest gun in 1964. Reed went on to become a USMC Inst. and later the top gun handling coach and extra in Hollywood. Thell a legend among handgunners is still the top coach for teaching actors to handle firearms.

Reed designed the scene in Wyatt Earp where Johnny Ringo and Doc Holiday did the gun twirling incident. Reed was Russell Crows inst. in the remake of the 3:10 to Yuma and also appeared in the movie. Reed has long supported gun rights and is an outstanding American.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 337 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 158

Great thread - I remember People w this skill base growing up but it's damn hard to find now. Our society is too dominated by the lowest common denominator. Fast draw contest now use wax bullets JIC someone tries to reinact a Glock Kaboom story & litigate.

Thx for the YouTube memories Jon. I knew Sammy was talented but I only saw him in his later years when all the years of heavy drinking & drugs had taken their toll. If I had seen him pull a gun out then - ??? - I would have hit the deck.