Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > SAA knockoff?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 04:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default SAA knockoff?

I have come across a set of matching Single Action Army type revolvers however I don't think they are Colts, they don't say Colt anywhere on them, all they have is the caliber on the left side of the barrel which is 357M and on top of the barrel it has Hartford CT, the boxes are gold in color with a black and white eagle in the center and a few black and white pistols, it says Hartford Model on the box. I can't find any examples of these on the auction sites, I don't really know what I am looking at, are these EMF guns? I have pics but don't know how to upload them on to here. They are identical and 2 serial numbers off, I believe xx114 and xx116. Just wondering what they are worth as a pair or separate. The mother in law is looking to sell them, the father in law had them for cowboy action shooters. They are in very good condition.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-26-2013, 04:37 AM   #2

Try this with my phone

Sent from my XT1080 using Firearms Talk mobile app

1388036171822.jpg   1388036186360.jpg  

Old 12-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #3

Liked 240 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 20

My guess is that they are USFA Single Actions. The USFA (United States Firearms) were made in the old Colt factory in Hartford, CT.

If they are indeed USFA guns, price is pretty well around $1000 each. More or less, dependng upon condition.

Bob Wright

Last edited by Bob Wright; 12-26-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #4

How would one tell if they are in fact the USFA or if they are Italian knock offs?

Old 12-28-2013, 12:10 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Armi San Marco is the manufacturer, they go for about $400-$500 each. Check out gunbroker.com to get a good idea.Hartford Model is a 1873 SAA clone. Knock off sounds a bit harsh, clone is a better term. Most SAA you see these days are clones. A lot of them are built better than the original colt. Go check out a SASS event, id say 9 of 10 are not Colt.

Last edited by Baxter; 12-28-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:36 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5126 Times on 2669 Posts
Likes Given: 310

its got colt grips. the rearing pony is one of colt's trademarks. good pics of markngs would help.

uberti, emf, usfa all made or make clones of the colt saa. the uberti and usfa guns are worth some money depending on model. yours looks decent but pics are deceptive

i do cas but i run ruger new vaqueros in 45colt simply so i dont have to have a backup gun when one breaks. seen a few colts and their clones with issues doing cas

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-09-2014, 02:50 AM   #7

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

See if you can contact some of the former owner's cowboy shooting friends. If you don't know them just check with your local SASS chapter. I bet someone in the club would buy them or help you sell them.

If they are match guns they need to get back in the game!

Old 01-09-2014, 05:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyFrog View Post
See if you can contact some of the former owner's cowboy shooting friends. If you don't know them just check with your local SASS chapter. I bet someone in the club would buy them or help you sell them.

If they are match guns they need to get back in the game!
He was just getting into it and I don't know if they had an actual organization, just some guys messing around most likley

Old 01-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #9

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Go to www.sassnet.com and click on "SASS Clubs" and then pick your state from the list. This will take you to a page with all of the SASS affiliated clubs in the state, with website address and contact info for each club. Call or email the contact and let them know that you have a pair of .357 single action revolvers for sale. The .38/.357 is the most popular caliber for cowboy shooting so you will probably find a buyer. There are always new shooters looking for gear or veteran shooters looking for "backups".

Old 01-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyFrog View Post
Go to www.sassnet.com and click on "SASS Clubs" and then pick your state from the list. This will take you to a page with all of the SASS affiliated clubs in the state, with website address and contact info for each club. Call or email the contact and let them know that you have a pair of .357 single action revolvers for sale. The .38/.357 is the most popular caliber for cowboy shooting so you will probably find a buyer. There are always new shooters looking for gear or veteran shooters looking for "backups".
Thanks for the tip, there is a local club, I'm sure he wasn't a member of it but nonetheless it may be a good resource to sell these pistols, it has a guys email address, I will get the info off the guns and some good pics of the 2 and contact him.