S&W XVR 460 without recoil dampening?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > S&W XVR 460 without recoil dampening?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 07:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default S&W XVR 460 without recoil dampening?

Here in Sweden we can only get a license if it is for a handgun that is allowed in - and will be used for - competition. I'm really interested in the Smith & Wesson XVR 460 and therefor I've been looking at metallic silhuette shooting, where I could propably fit it in the Big Bore Unlimited class.

The problem is that no compensators or ported barells are allowed, and also the maximum total weapon length is 18". From what I've gathered the XVR 460 is only available uncompensated and unported on the 12" barell, but that barell is only available on the XVR 460 Hunter from the Performance Center. I don't like the price of the PC and I don't like the look of the whole rail attach thingy.

Is there a way to get a regular XVR 460 without recoil dampening?

Last edited by Whistler; 11-14-2008 at 07:43 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
Here in Sweden we can only get a license if it is for a handgun that is allowed in - and will be used for - competition. I'm really interested in the Smith & Wesson XVR 460 and therefor I've been looking at metallic silhuette shooting, where I could propably fit it in the Big Bore Unlimited class.

The problem is that no compensators or ported barells are allowed, and also the maximum total weapon length is 18". From what I've gathered the XVR 460 is only available uncompensated and unported on the 12" barell, but that barell is only available on the XVR 460 Hunter from the Performance Center. I don't like the price of the PC and I don't like the look of the whole rail attach thingy.

Is there a way to get a regular XVR 460 without recoil dampening?
NO.

You really wouldn't want to shoot this pistol without compensation. For that matter, I don't understand why you would want this gun for silhuette shooting anyway...

Old 11-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Silhuette shooting with a 460XVR is like shooting paper targets with a Howitzer...

Old 11-16-2008, 12:22 PM   #4

This isn't really about wether I want the comp or not. It simply isn't allowed in Sweden, and no other competitions allow such a high caliber (nor any compensators for that matter).

Last edited by Whistler; 11-16-2008 at 01:30 PM.