S&W unfired .357 mag - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > S&W unfired .357 mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 07:39 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

A 4" barrel measures about 3.2 when measured from the front of the frame to the tip. Looked like 3" to me the first time I measured.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:47 AM   #22

Thanks olympus for your honest response. I too have a 19-3 nib. That I received from my father I law before he passed away. It has never been fired and still has everything that comes in the box including the rounds and warranty.

I have been debating on whether I have been wasting this gun by not shooting it and thinking about going to the range with it! :-)

It is nickel.

After your comments, I think I will put it back in the safe and pick up another one to carry and shoot.

Jim

Old 10-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #23

Sorry guys I forgot the pic. :-)

Jim

img_20111005_185037.jpg  

Old 10-06-2011, 01:13 AM   #24

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Absolutely DO NOT SHOOT THAT GUN! What you have is pristine example of one of the best guns that S&W ever made in my opinion. I have the same gun except in stainless. Keep that thing nice and snug inside a safe and keep it well oiled. Bring it out for photo shoots and bragging rights when you see fit and go to sleep every night knowing that you've got a high quality gun in pristine condition that a lot of other people would love to get their hands on. That includes me too!

Save your money and your change until you can find another Model 19 that has been neglected. Buy it and enjoy the heck out of it like others have done in the past. But keep that little nickel beauty just like it is right now and don't let anyone swindle it away from you. If you're like me, I get easily attached to my guns. Especially the ones that have a sentimental meaning to me. Plenty of people will tell you that a gun is just a tool and is meant to be used. But my guns are more than just tools. They're reminders and keys to the past, to happy times and people fondly remembered. There are plenty of other "tools" that have already been broken in that you can easily enjoy just as much.

Thanks for sharing!

Old 10-06-2011, 01:45 AM   #25

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'll make love to it for ya.