s&w model 63 .22lr
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > s&w model 63 .22lr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 04:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default s&w model 63 .22lr

i picked up a nice used one some months back......and finally got to the range today. I LOVE THIS REVOLVER! anyone else a fan of the older model 63?

movie zombie

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-12-2008, 12:31 AM   #2

Default S&w 63

Here's mine. Great revolver.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #3

i bought the same grips to go on mine from midway...they were in s&w packaging. however, the screw isn't long enough........

my 63 came with the original box but none of the tools you show. it also had the pachy grips on it which the s&w logo inside them. saw that when i was attempting to get the wood grips on. mine like yours is a square butt.

thanks for posting a picture. can't wait to get the wood grips on and get back to the range with it.

movie zombie

Old 01-26-2008, 04:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviezombie View Post
i picked up a nice used one some months back......and finally got to the range today. I LOVE THIS REVOLVER! anyone else a fan of the older model 63?
You sir have very good taste in revolvers.
I picked one of these up a few years ago and it quickly became one of my favorites. Mine is also a square-butt 4", but the wood grips were a little beat up, and I really didn't like the feel of them in my hand, so I replaced them with some Pachmayers I had kicking around. I judge hanguns by how well "I" can hit with them. I have many .22 pistols of all shapes and sizes and this one is second only to my early 70's production S&W Model 41 in terms of accuracy.
But it's smaller and lighter than the 41, so the 41 goes mostly to the range and the camp, while the 63 goes into the woods on my hip.
I'll never sell mine. I suggest you do the same.

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa

Old 01-27-2008, 06:48 AM   #5

yes, zappa, we have excellent taste in revolvers!

i got the screw issue taken care of and now my 63 looks like the one above. had it at the range on thursday and noticed the difference in feel. going to try it again but i may keep these wood grips for 'show' and go back to the pachy at the range.

movie zombie

eta: i don't plan on selling either the 60 or 63 ever.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Very nice guns folks. Been looking for a reasonably priced Model 18 or 63 for quite a while now. Saw a few 63s at the Atlanta gun show yesterday and all of them were priced sky high. Finally bought a Dan Wesson .22 with 2 barrels and it should be here in a day or two...

Old 01-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #7

didn't say mine was purchased at a reasonable price.....but in california, especially from a bay area gun shop, we pay a premium. but i have it!

movie zombie

Old 05-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #8

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

I have one of the 5" 8 shot Model 63-4. It is a great little revo. I am very pleased with how well it shoots. It even shoots Aquilla Colibri very well.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:20 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I had been looking for one for a long time and finally had to settle for a Taurus 94 with a 5" brl. I too have lots of .22 handguns but I couldn't find a nice stainless one like you have for less than a kings ransom. Have fun with it

Old 05-22-2008, 03:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem View Post
I have one of the 5" 8 shot Model 63-4. It is a great little revo. I am very pleased with how well it shoots. It even shoots Aquilla Colibri very well.

that's good to know as i bought some aquilla colibri but haven't fired it yet.

movie zombie