Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > S&W Model 610 vs. Ruger GP 161

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 03:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default S&W Model 610 vs. Ruger GP 161

I was wondering what the advantages and disadvantages are to both guns, such as accuracy, durability, cost and general use as a hunting sidearm and recreational target shooter. I haven't really had all that much experience with revolvers and was looking for a dependable and capable revolver in which to hunt with. Mostly I am interested in the ballistics of the 10mm vs the .357 mag and how they stack up against one another in the long run. I am kind of partial to the .40 caliber because I used to own a .40 S&W semi-auto and liked how it shot. I would really like some comments as I am new to shooting revolvers and don't know a whole lot about the subject.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here