S&W Model 60-18 with 5 inch barrel
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > S&W Model 60-18 with 5 inch barrel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 04:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default S&W Model 60-18 with 5 inch barrel

any thoughts re the smith and wesson model 60-18 with the 5 inch barrel?

i have the snubbie and really love it. the j-frame is a good fit for my hand. i'm not opposed to checking out some k-frames but L-frame is simply too big for my hand.

a friend is asking me why i need to get another revolver but i seem to have been bitten by the firearm bug.

so, any pros and/or cons regarding this one?

i'm probably not opposed to also sitting around a bit and seeing if a k-frame shows up on the used market. i'm partial to the .357 as i can shoot both the .38 and the .357 and haven't really been interested in anything that was only .38.

open to your thoughts though......

movie zombie

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-12-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2773 Times on 1449 Posts
Likes Given: 243

The long barreled J-frames just look goofy to me. If you want a gun that size, get a gun that size with some heft. I love my Smith M-65 3". Fixed sights, heavy barrel, round butt. Fits a smaller hand far better than a square butt K or L frame. Six shots. Most parts and speed loaders for a standard K-frame fit.