S&W Mod. 29

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > S&W Mod. 29

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2007, 06:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default S&W Mod. 29

Has anyone had the pleasure of shooting a 10-5/8" Mod. 29 silhouette? I had one about 8 years ago before it was stolen. Just wanted to know how many people were familiar with this gun? It had a barrel that was 10-5/8" long and the front sight had a 4 possision dile that could be used with the different ranges. The gun shot very well and more than one deer went to the BQ pit because of it. With the right load it very easily took out the ram at 200yds.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2007, 01:36 AM   #2

Default S&W 29 10 5/8 barrel

Looking for a S&W cardboard box for this mod 29 with 10 5/8 barrel,if anyone knows where i could get one please leave reply.

Thanks!

Old 12-29-2007, 03:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxhw View Post
Has anyone had the pleasure of shooting a 10-5/8" Mod. 29 silhouette? I had one about 8 years ago before it was stolen.
Yep. I have one. It's an old IHMSA model with the four position front sight. Fun to shoot and every guy who holds it gets a big grin on his face.
mybigteninch_640_cp.jpg  

Last edited by djl4570; 12-29-2007 at 05:23 AM.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:55 AM   #4

djl4570... that looks awesome. I have the 629 with a 8-3/8" barrel. I think the older styles like ours look a helluva lot better than the full underlug styles.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:15 AM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default Model 29

I have a 83/8 " one that I bought new in the 1970's my brother in law & I each bought one after the Dirty Harry bug bit us , OH when your young & foolish" I even bought an original Dirty Harry holster for it, from a company named LAWMAN LEATHER out of Katy Texas who made the holsters for the Eastwood movies, it is a great holster & as new as the day that I bought it, the company has since gone out of business, but I understand that another company has put out the same type of holster due to the 25 annv of S & W re introducing the model 29. I had & still use my 29 for deer hunting at times and I reload for it in the magnum & special loads and yea I do carry it at times when in the woods, looking for coyotes or whatever