Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > S&W Mdl 12

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2615 Times on 1523 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

Default S&W Mdl 12

Picked one up a couple of years ago and finally got to take it to the range.

All the screws are "boogered up". Scratches, nicks, and a little rust.

Single action shooting was okay. I was able to group 5 rounds into an area of 4" using Fiochi 158gr (non +P). When I tried to shoot it double action, the primers had light hits. Removed the grips and found that main spring screw was not tight (someone trying to lighten the trigger pull?). Tightened the screws (all were a little loose). Got it to work again.

I was expecting the 6 shot "Airweight" to have more felt recoil, but it surprised me with typical .38 spl softness.

Overall, a nice .38. But not one I want to use in competitions (except as a BUG gun).

Pics will be coming after I clean the thing up.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here