S&W M&P R8 - Anyone have one?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > S&W M&P R8 - Anyone have one?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default S&W M&P R8 - Anyone have one?

Does anyone have experience with the Smith & Wesson R8?

I have handled the sibling TRR8 and was in awe of its light weight and trigger action.

What kind of finish is on the scandium alloy frame? Is it powdercoat or anodizing? How well does the finish hold up?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-26-2011, 02:13 AM   #2
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It is an sweet looking pistol and an 8 shot 357 to boot. The $1,200 sticker pice is a bit much IMHO. From what I read they are made out of country. I haven't seen one in a gun shop yet so I don't have a feel for the size but it has to be fairly large to manage 8 357 rounds. I have had any direct accounts from shooters I know. I expect the finish is anodize and will hold up well

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:30 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I don't have any experience with them but they do appear to look very nice. I dig it.