Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   S&W Governor vs. Tarus Judge (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/s-w-governor-vs-tarus-judge-47436/)

FlBob518 08-27-2011 06:22 PM

S&W Governor vs. Tarus Judge

I am on a wait list for the S&W Governor. I have not seen the gun yet, but I have two Tarus Judges that I have had problems with. I don't dare take either of these on a "shooting" campout as I fear another 6 weeks at the factory. Before I make the S&W purchase, has anyone had good luck with a Judge that you have shot many times?

I know a lot of you do not like the concept of the Judge, but for me in a small house, I can think of nothing better than a curtain of lead coming at a bad guy.

Thanks for any input!

FlBob518 08-27-2011 07:50 PM

OOPS - Sorry

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlBob518 (Post 570690)
I am on a wait list for the S&W Governor. I have not seen the gun yet, but I have two Tarus Judges that I have had problems with. I don't dare take either of these on a "shooting" campout as I fear another 6 weeks at the factory. Before I make the S&W purchase, has anyone had good luck with a Judge that you have shot many times?

I know a lot of you do not like the concept of the Judge, but for me in a small house, I can think of nothing better than a curtain of lead coming at a bad guy.

Thanks for any input!

I didn't realize that someone has already asked a very simular question. But I would still like to know if anyone out there has put the Judge through extensive use and not had to send it back to the factory. I am 0 for 2.

Firearms4ever 08-27-2011 11:54 PM

With Taurus and some other companies their products are a hit or miss usually. I've heard of people having problems with them and some people having zero problems with them. From what I hear the Governor is a great firearm, and definately better than the Judge. I wouldn't be hesitant of making that purchase, because it's made by Smith and Wesson which is in my opinion the best revolver company (Colt wins with the Single Action Army though).

machengative 08-29-2011 03:46 AM

I haven't had any problems with my judge, but I would love to shoot the governor to compare them. I don't use it as my primary ccw sidearm, but it does see a lot of time on my side riding or wandering around in the mountains and dispatching rattlers.

mes227 09-04-2011 03:40 AM

I've put a few hundred rounds through my Governor, all 3 calibers. Not a single problem.

303tom 09-04-2011 05:15 AM

You can get the Judge in 3in. 410.

Mark F 09-04-2011 10:48 AM

I have owned my Taurus Judge of over a three years now, and not a single problem. I don't care much for Taurus but at the time the Judge was the only affordable large frame .410 revolver. Magnum Research offers a unique 45 Colt..410: Magnum Research

303tom 09-04-2011 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you are going to go there, you just as well go THERE !