Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > S&W Classic reissues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 04:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default S&W Classic reissues

How do you people fell about smith and wessons classic reissue line?I had a late 70's made Model 10 and really liked it,and I would like to get a classic reissue Model 27,but I have no idea if these reissues are anywhere near the quality of the originals.I would like to hear what you guys and gals have to say about them.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 53 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 12

It's a Smith & Wesson, you won't have any problems. But be aware that the safety lock "can" be a neussence.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:29 PM   #3

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
How do you people fell about smith and wessons classic reissue line?I had a late 70's made Model 10 and really liked it,and I would like to get a classic reissue Model 27,but I have no idea if these reissues are anywhere near the quality of the originals.I would like to hear what you guys and gals have to say about them.

Hello Stevie
I much Prefer the Originals. Here is my First Year issued Registered Magnum from 1935 one of 715 Built that first Year, and it's Grandson a Pre-27 That shipped in 1955... Hammerdown

Old 12-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2686 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

The reissued "Classics" do not have the safety lock. They are true to the original design. The only thing that keeps me from buying 3 or 4 to add to my N-frame collection is the price.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 53 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
The reissued "Classics" do not have the safety lock. They are true to the original design. The only thing that keeps me from buying 3 or 4 to add to my N-frame collection is the price.
That's good to know! I have a 329PD with that stupid safety lock and it's a pain in the butt sometimes...

Old 12-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #6

Unless S&W has recentlychanged the safety arrangement on these revolvers,then robo i'am afraid your mistaken because right here in smiths 2009 catologe the locks are right on the guns by the latch, and in a article in the catologe Gary James mentions the locks being on the reissues.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2686 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Perhaps it was just wishful thinking on my part. I went back and had a closer look. Yep! Damn safety lock is there. That makes the price they are asking out of line, IMHO. Safety lock = MIM parts. No way I will pay $1000 for one of these. I love me some S&W revolvers but I will stick to the used real "Classics".

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #8

Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have looked at the prices on these guns also and they are way over priced. I dont know what smith and wesson was thinking .

Old 12-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #9

I agree they look nice. I'm afraid I'd probably take a pass though...I guess I prefer the older guns like some of the others.

The only way I will buy a S&W with a lock...if I can buy it and re-sell it for a bit of profit.

The only "Classic" without a lock is the M-40. It is being sold without a lock because it's design has an grip safety.

Bob

Old 12-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Don't waste your money on these. You can do much better buying an original "Classic" in VG to Excellent condition and have a revolver that will retain collector value. If you want a "classic" knockoff, buy a Taurus. It'll still have a lock but won't cost you nearly as much.