S&W Airlite Model 317 Kit Gun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > S&W Airlite Model 317 Kit Gun

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
aldematt57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 19
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default S&W Airlite Model 317 Kit Gun

I just purchased a Kit Gun (.22) for plinking and I am expecting delivery in a few days. The gun weighs in at 11.7 ounces fully loaded.

image-4081728947.jpg

I can't wait to get this little gem. Very hard to come by!

__________________
aldematt57 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 09-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,724
Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldematt57
I just purchased a Kit Gun (.22) for plinking and I am expecting delivery in a few days. The gun weighs in at 11.7 ounces fully loaded.

I can't wait to get this little gem. Very hard to come by!
Congrats on your new friend. I'm been thinking of a wheel gun in .22 as well.

We're gonna need pics when you get the gun in.

Also, please stop by the introduction thread and tell us a little about yourself when you get the time.
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mdauben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 441
Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Nice! his gun is on my long term shopping list. I actually saw a like new used one for a very good price at my FLGS last year and I'm still kicking myself for not buying it.

__________________
mdauben is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
aldematt57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 19
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

Congrats on your new friend. I'm been thinking of a wheel gun in .22 as well.

We're gonna need pics when you get the gun in.

Also, please stop by the introduction thread and tell us a little about yourself when you get the time.
Will send pics! Thank you!
I will also drop by the introduction thread too.
__________________
aldematt57 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
aldematt57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 19
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben
Nice! his gun is on my long term shopping list. I actually saw a like new used one for a very good price at my FLGS last year and I'm still kicking myself for not buying it.
This one is also "like new" and it was darned expensive too! I just had to have it!
__________________
aldematt57 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Prince Frederick,Maryland
Posts: 218
Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Default

I have one of those little guys. I quickly found I didn’t care for the V rear sight/round HiViz front sight combo. I had to change mine for a standard square rear/black, serrated ramp front combo. I was also very pleasantly surprised how accurate it is with ammo it likes. Mine likes Federal match stuff. It also shoots CCI MiniMag well. Experimenting with ammo is half the fun. It is sure light and makes a great carry gun. I also found the grips pretty small for my large hands and have Pachmayr Gripper grips on mine.

061.jpg  
__________________
Clem is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:04 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
aldematt57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 19
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem
I have one of those little guys. I quickly found I didn’t care for the V rear sight/round HiViz front sight combo. I had to change mine for a standard square rear/black, serrated ramp front combo. I was also very pleasantly surprised how accurate it is with ammo it likes. Mine likes Federal match stuff. It also shoots CCI MiniMag well. Experimenting with ammo is half the fun. It is sure light and makes a great carry gun. I also found the grips pretty small for my large hands and have Pachmayr Gripper grips on mine.
Awesome! Mine also likes Federal and CCI! That's sorta' weird that I started out with those 2 rounds!
__________________
aldematt57 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Marlin model 49 & Savage Model 6B Parts Brant2409 General Rifle Discussion 9 04-08-2013 04:14 AM
S&W 317 Airlite .22 Snub ninjatoth Revolver Handguns 10 01-12-2010 12:04 AM
Remmy Model 870 or Model 1100 user4 General Shotgun Discussion 12 03-08-2009 01:09 AM
winchester rifle model 94 lastest model Bangbang General Rifle Discussion 1 06-01-2007 02:13 PM