Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   S&W 624 lew horton (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/s-w-624-lew-horton-41214/)

38special 04-13-2011 07:29 AM

S&W 624 lew horton

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all, I am trying to sell my S&W 624 Lew Horton edition and am having trouble finding a small enough price range that the gun is either worth or is usually sold for. I've seen everything from 500-1300 for used and a few (1 or 2) new. the 500 i saw didnt have the box or anything and was extremely used and worn the 1300 was for N.i.b. but the avg i was seeing was between 600/650-800/850 roughly in there but they were all used. Mine is n.i.b. i have the original box and everything, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated (p.s. i own the most recent version of the S&W catalog and they only give a suggested n.i.b. price for the avg 624, they mention the variation of the lew horton but do not suggest a price) again any help is appreciated, i'm giving some pics as well to assist. thanks again!
-samantha

NGIB 04-13-2011 11:00 AM

I buy/sell/swap a few guns (OK, laugh everyone) and you've discovered the biggest hurdle in doing so - what's it worth. Everything depends on what is in demand and how many folks are looking. Blue books and other guides are to generic and don't really factor in current demand. One problem is your gun is a .44 Special which is a caliber that has a smallish niche of fans. I'd figure out the least I'd take for the gun, tack on $100-$150 to provide a buyer some negotiating room, and begin there.

I do know one thing - you will want to advertise this on the S&W forum to get the best price. I've dealt a few S&W "special" guns, like a pre-27, and I got what I wanted by advertising there as these folks specialize in S&W revolvers. Your pix also need to be a bit more clear as these folks really want detailed info on the gun. I couldn't tell from the picture if it had the lock or not, and guns with the lock are demonized over there...

S-W Forum

38special 04-14-2011 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 485379)
I buy/sell/swap a few guns (OK, laugh everyone) and you've discovered the biggest hurdle in doing so - what's it worth. Everything depends on what is in demand and how many folks are looking. Blue books and other guides are to generic and don't really factor in current demand. One problem is your gun is a .44 Special which is a caliber that has a smallish niche of fans. I'd figure out the least I'd take for the gun, tack on $100-$150 to provide a buyer some negotiating room, and begin there.

I do know one thing - you will want to advertise this on the S&W forum to get the best price. I've dealt a few S&W "special" guns, like a pre-27, and I got what I wanted by advertising there as these folks specialize in S&W revolvers. Your pix also need to be a bit more clear as these folks really want detailed info on the gun. I couldn't tell from the picture if it had the lock or not, and guns with the lock are demonized over there...

S-W Forum

Yah I have a few other S&W for sale and they are already on there, I mentioned it in a post on the s&w forum and someone private messaged me asking me what I want for it. I'm also trying to negotiate a sale on my ASP S&W conversion on the 39-2 but in all my posts I told anyone that if seriously interested i would take any of the guns i have for sale out of my safe and take more photos etc but as of right now i have about 20 firearms im going to be selling and started mostly with the S&W's When i took the photos they were quick just so i could get them online to show the gun, again if anyone were to be interested i dont mind taking better ones. I'll keep doing my research to see what they have been going for recently and i guess if anyone has bought one or sold one recently and has any insight its much appreciated.

mes227 04-15-2011 06:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A few months ago I bought a Lew Horton edition .41 mag with a 6" ported barrel and un-flutted cylinder. Sold as LNIB but it didn't look like it had ever been fired. Complete with original box and paperwork. $700 (no sales tax). Fantastic gun, by the way.

38special 04-16-2011 05:22 AM

yah ive seen a lot of mixed prices, and yes you're right it is a nice gun

Hobie 05-04-2011 02:10 PM

I don't know if this is a done deal 2 weeks past the last post but I thought I might comment.

I see your gun has no lock and it looks really good. I just paid $750 for one sans box but in very good to excellent condition. I did a bit of research before buying (even though a friend was selling) and feel that I got a bit of a deal. I think my gun is worth about $850 even in this economy so I'd think that yours is worth about $1200, at least you should ask $1300 and negotiate from there.

Only YOU know how comfortable you will feel with any particular offer. It is always a good deal when BOTH parties are happy.