S&w 327 trr8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > S&w 327 trr8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 03:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default S&w 327 trr8

Take a look at this bad boy. 5" barrel, laser/light rail, removable optis rail, in .357. There another version, an M&P model.

.357.jpg  

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That ain't your grandpappy's revolver. I don't like seeing the action lock key hole however.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 10-22-2010, 04:00 PM   #3

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
That ain't your grandpappy's revolver. I don't like seeing the action lock key hole however.
????????

Dont know much about revolvers, so Im not sure what you are referring to.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 10-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #4

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
????????

Dont know much about revolvers, so Im not sure what you are referring to.
The key lock "hole" just above the cylinder release. Many, many, many folks will not buy a S&W with the lock...

Old 10-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #5

I had one and sold it they are good guns i just like my 625's better and don't really like the lock.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #6

Default S & w 327 trr8

Does anyone know what type of rail that Surefire torch is attached to on the gun pictured ?

Old 02-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #7

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

I believe the rail comes with the gun from S&W. I think it was pitched as a gun for entry team people, with an aluminum frame to keep weight down so the addition of stuff like the light and/or optics wouldn't weight it down so much as to make it unuseable.

I have a couple of the 8 rd. .357 N frame Smiths, but as a matter of personal preference, I prefer stainless. I just can't get over the nagging feeling that the aluminum frames couldn't stand up to extensive shooting.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #8

Liked 429 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Jerry Miculek shoots one in competitions. Or he used to.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2822 Times on 1401 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
FWIW, it's really hard to see when your using the sight(s) correctly.

My 627 PC has the lock. So does My SA 1911, & my Ruger Mk3 and the Taurus revolver, and probably some others I can't remember. So do a large number of handguns out there. Aside from offending people's sensibilities, they really don't matter. To me it's like complaining about Cindy Crawford's mole. It's not such a big deal that it ruins the whole package.
I'm pretty sure my new car has one of those little black box data logger dealies that everyone gets upset about too. If you dig too deep into some things you'll never buy anything made after 1975.
As for the 327, I not a huge fan of alloy N-Frame. It's like putting a Carbon Fiber hood on a Ford F-350. Sure you save a bit of weight, but it's still a big SOB. How much help is it really? Additionally, I'm not sure how the whole Tacticool thing works on a revolver. I guess I'm not the target audience. To each their own, I suppose.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Last edited by Overkill0084; 02-28-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:22 AM   #10
mcb

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I considered buying the M&P R8 after handling one at the 2011 nra annual meetings. Pretty gun nice feel.

Talked to one of the guys manning the S&W booth. He said these 8 shot tactical type revolvers were designed for the swat team member behind a ballistic shield. Doesn't have to worry about the slide hitting the shield and 8 357 mag rounds gives him plenty of firepower.

After the convention went to my lgs, this is an item he would have to order. Ended up leaving with a Colt Combat Commander instead.