S&W 325PD? Any experience?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

S&W 325PD? Any experience?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 84 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default S&W 325PD? Any experience?

Anyone have any experience with these?

Light Weight .45acp revolver. Pretty similar to the night guard, but it's available with a 4" barrel.

I've been looking long and hard at getting one of these. They dont make them any more if memory serves, but I've found a few used ones on gun broker.

Anyone have any experience with them?

I'd be carrying it in the winter months, as concealment is easier, and I'd stick to my SP101 for summer carry.

Also, any thoughts on the 2" barrel vs. the 4" barrel for carry? I'm feeling the 4" is a much more versitile revolver, and recoil would be less as well, but it might not pack as well as the snubby.

Andrew - Landscape architecture student. Not landscaper

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think you're right on about the barrel length--the 4 inch will be more pleasant to shoot, the 2 inch better to carry--I'd like to have either one! For an all-around gun I'd probably sway towards the 4 incher, but it would be hard to carry concealed without a big sweatshirt over top.

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 10-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #3

Liked 84 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The more i think about it, the more i'm leaning towards 4".

I'd have a hard time even concealing the smaller gun, it's a fat revolver, and I'm a skinny guy, haha.

I dont have a 4" wheel gun, and I'm selling my 1911, so, I'd like something with the better shootability and usability. It'll probably pull duty as my open carry gun, my camping gun, my 4wheeling gun, and my nightstand gun.

Now, to find one, haha.

Andrew - Landscape architecture student. Not landscaper

Old 10-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #4

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

I had a pair of 625's for a time which are the all steel versions of this gun. I had a 3 inch and a 5 inch and the short barrel was a handful to shoot. I shoot 1911s all the time and I expected similar recoil from a .45 revolver - not hardly. The little revolver kicked like a friggin mule as there's no slide/spring to absorb some of the recoil energy. I suspect the alloy 325 would be a real beast to shoot...