Ruger vs. S&W - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Ruger vs. S&W

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineLeatherWorkz View Post
Thanks guys for ur input....I looked today at a S&W Bodyguard .38 with the factory side mount laser. Is it worth the extra $30 over the LCR .38?
I'd say yes-
Had a 642 with CT grips- Best revolver for a carry piece i ever had-

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

I'm a Ruger man myself, so Im already biased. That said, I'd trust my life to an S&W anyday. ....'cept for that frame mounted lock thing Jon mentioned. hadn't heard that before. Though it does illustrate why I firmly believe that the best safety on a firearm is my trigger finger. All that other crap can fail.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #13

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
I'm a Ruger man myself, so Im already biased. That said, I'd trust my life to an S&W anyday. ....'cept for that frame mounted lock thing Jon mentioned. hadn't heard that before. Though it does illustrate why I firmly believe that the best safety on a firearm is my trigger finger. All that other crap can fail.
All due respect that finger can really fuk you up

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
All due respect that finger can really fuk you up
Noted. merely expressing the training=safety vs. safeties=complacency argument. Several other threads on the subject. I won't get into it here.

Get the Ruger

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #15

Liked 428 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 34

If we are talking small .38 revolvers, forget the plastic crap and get the real deal. S&W has perfected the J Frame long before the LCR was even an idea in someone's mind.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #16

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I would go with "plastic crap". I did and never looked back. So far, every body that has shot my LCR has preferred it over the S&W. 2 of my friends own the S&W but like my LCR better. I shot both quite a bit and found I enjoyed shooting the LCR a lot more after 50 rounds. My wife has no problem shooting a couple hundred rounds with it. Both are great, but the LCR has a better trigger and better grips in my mind. Shoot both side by side and you will see. If its for your wife, consider getting the .357, and shooting .38s out of it. It's a little more comfortable that way as well. Good luck deciding.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #17

Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I prefer the LCR. I own both, the .357 and the .38. That are great little revolvers. I don't think the bodyguard is worth the extra for the laser because the laser is not activated by a pressure switch. If, God forbid, she ever has to use it, she won't have time to turn on the laser. Crimson trace lasers are the only kind made IMO. The trigger pull on the LCR is also really nice.

Also, they may not ever have any problems with them, but the LCR has a lock on it too. I think some people don't even know that.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #18

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineLeatherWorkz View Post
Ok let me get an opinion from some of u revolver guys.....my wife is wanting a hammer less snub nose to carry in her purse. Ruger LCR .38 or S&W Airweight .38?
Both are great but that LCR is perfect, it's fantastic, I have all three offerings, they are so light and rugged and comfortable, just can't say enough good things about them and all the women around me have shot it and love it.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I just bought a SW 442. I really like it. The trigger pull is long, but I got some snapcaps and dry fire every chance I get. I also really like the lcr and I will also get that gun soon. I like the trigger better on the lcr, but I got a great deal in the smith w/out the lock.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #20

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtelli71 View Post
I just bought a SW 442. I really like it. The trigger pull is long, but I got some snapcaps and dry fire every chance I get. I also really like the lcr and I will also get that gun soon. I like the trigger better on the lcr, but I got a great deal in the smith w/out the lock.
That's a good point about the trigger on the LCR it's absolutely perfect, you want to pull it before you buy if you can, if the shop or dealer will allow you to dry fire it, now the .22 is much stiffer than the .38 or .357 because of the force the rimfire needs but the .38 trigger pull is amazing but it's important to note and I tested when my son was six, he was able to pull it without much effort at all so while it's long there is a disadvantage to having such an easy trigger pull but that's only a concern if your not safely storing it around little people but of course you want a holster that has trigger protection.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.