Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Ruger trio of DOOM!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 02:40 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Suh....WEET! I have a family that passes down guns. My brother kept all of Dad's functional guns (Colt 1911, S&W Model 10, the Model 70 in .270, the Browning 12-gauge, etc....) and I got a wall-hanger Damascus-barrelled side-by-side that not only can't be shot, but would cost me more in advertising than I would make at it's current value should I decide to sell it.
I'm sure that it's payback for an ass-kicking I gave him once when we were little. Sadly, he won.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 04-02-2010, 07:28 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Both of my older brothers got at least one or two pass downs, but I'm by far the child who is most like my father. Your Damascus sounds like my Winchester Teddy Roosevelt commemorative 30-30. Has only had one round put through it in it's entirely lifetime (Grandpa shot at a dog that attacked my aunt). My grandmother dropped it on the tile floor afterward, and shattered the stock. I just took it into the gunsmith to restore what we can, but it may have lost its collector value after that. I'm sure that whatever the cost is to restore it will far outweigh its appraisal value. But, you know... heirloom.