Ruger Super Redhawk
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Ruger Super Redhawk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2014, 09:53 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Default Ruger Super Redhawk

Well, this has been on my must list for a very very long time. I'm not normally a revolver person and only a few I care for. (Most being rugers). After doing the cowboy shooting thing I've grown a bit fond of my new vaqueros, my lgs had this nice new super redhawk in 44mag on the shelf. I couldn't resist.

Test fire date is 3/20/14 so its barely a month old.

Weather was cold and windy so hopefully next weekend I'll have a go with it. A good solid 44 has always been a vacancy in my shooting lineup. While it came with a really nice set of rings I don't think I'm going to scope it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

ACES 6 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-27-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1216 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Nice, would like to have one, just don't need another mouth to feed.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #3

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Very nice! I have a Super Blackhawk .44 MAG with a 10" barrel, and I just love it. I picked it up along with a .44 Henry Big Boy as a homecoming gift to myself after my second deployment about 7 years ago. I handload, so my costs in shooting this pair are pretty low, but I also recently began casting my own lead. I can't even begin to tell you how cool that has been. Here's some recent soft lead I put together before heading out to the range.

.44brass.jpg  

Christopher A. S. "Boots" Combest
www.facebook.com/christopher.combest

Member: TSRA, NRA, GOA, North American Hunting Club and Ducks Unlimited

"If you get thrown from a horse, you have to get up and get back on, unless you landed on a cactus; then you have to roll around and scream in pain."

Old 04-27-2014, 10:46 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1739 Times on 761 Posts
Likes Given: 1323

Sweet!!! Congratulations....

Old 04-27-2014, 11:17 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
Nice, would like to have one, just don't need another mouth to feed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt View Post
Sweet!!! Congratulations....
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES 6 View Post
Very nice! I have a Super Blackhawk .44 MAG with a 10" barrel, and I just love it. I picked it up along with a .44 Henry Big Boy as a homecoming gift to myself after my second deployment about 7 years ago. I handload, so my costs in shooting this pair are pretty low, but I also recently began casting my own lead. I can't even begin to tell you how cool that has been. Here's some recent soft lead I put together before heading out to the range.
I roll my own cast bullets. Although its just .357 .452 and .458 and .54 rounball atm. Need to order a .430 mold for this gun.

Just got the cannon apart and noticed ruger laser engraved its inspection date on the frame. Very interesting thing I've never seen ruger do before

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 04-27-2014, 11:50 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 636 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 406

Very, very nice. this gun is on my list.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:17 AM   #7

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Jon that's hog leg now!
Congrats on the Super Redhawk,looks like a sweet Whitetail wheel gun. Let us know how it shoots when you have the time.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:19 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
Jon that's hog leg now!
Congrats on the Super Redhawk,looks like a sweet Whitetail wheel gun. Let us know how it shoots when you have the time.
Unfortunately won't be till next Friday at the earliest. IF the weather cooperates. It was down right miserable today.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:29 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 636 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Unfortunately won't be till next Friday at the earliest. IF the weather cooperates. It was down right miserable today.
Jon, we feel for you. however to satisfy your needs you have plenty of time that you can caress it and hold it, you can also do cowboy role playing.....just make sure the wife isn't home

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:34 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1803 View Post
Jon, we feel for you. however to satisfy your needs you have plenty of time that you can caress it and hold it, you can also do cowboy role playing.....just make sure the wife isn't home
Lol!! She already looks at me weird dry firing at the tv...

MOshooter Likes This