Ruger Security Six? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Ruger Security Six?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 03:06 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

No you were right on the size, I was just adding my 2 cents as for as how strong they are. Pops

Old 11-04-2010, 04:56 AM   #22
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 9596 Times on 5724 Posts
Likes Given: 13258

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesinge2 View Post
I would equate the Security Six to a K frame Smith and the GP100 to a L frame Smith. The frames are practically the same size, but the barrel is tapperd and lighter making the balance better for the Security Six. Also, every Security Six I have fired has had a better trigger than every GP100 that I have fired (and I own two SIXs and one GP100).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops 1 View Post
The Security Six is alot stronger that the K frame S&W. Pops
Thank you very much. I know very little and want to soak up all the knowledge I can. You guys all seem to be encyclopedias of knowledge. I don't think I will ever know so much about guns as you all do. Sometimes it seems like you guys are speaking a foreign language I don't know.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:30 AM   #23

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I think Sec 6-GP100 vs K&L frame Smiths was a great analogy. Rugers are about 10-15% beefier than Smiths in both incarnations. Security Six is the perfect working mans handgun as far as I'm concerned. If I could afford a Python I might feel different...

Old 11-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #24

When I turned 21 and could finally purchase a handgun, I looked at the 19 and then the Sec. Six. I read the reviews, and saw the ease of field stripping the Ruger.

MONEY on the table. Still have the ruger and love it. I am SOOOOOOO glad I didn't get the s&w 19, Junk as far as I am concerned. Let me qualify that. I have shot the 19 with 38 special ammo, love the trigger and the control and the feel of the gun. Just don't load with 357.

It is a 357 gun built on a 38 frame. WAY UNDER structured. I know of 2 different 19's that have locked up due to shooting FACTORY 357 mag ammo.

The security six is a strong reliable and accurate gun that is, and this is important, BUILT TO SHOOT 357 MAG.

Now put the Security six against the the model 29 and that is a fair comparison.