Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Ruger New Vaquero? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/ruger-new-vaquero-86399/)

DiabloMan 03-12-2013 09:50 PM

Ruger New Vaquero?

I had an unusual occurrence. I recently bought a Ruger New Vaquero, in 357 mag. The day I got it, it was snowing so bad I couldn't shoot it right away. I took it down and cleaned it so it was ready when the weather was. I dry fired it only a few times. When I did go to shoot my NV, the hammer stopped at half way! I got it to shoot 5 times out of 36 times with the same factory, Federal 158 gr, JHP. WTH! I called Ruger, they said it was a burr, and to disassemble and check for burrs. Ruger would send a new hammer. After thinking, I said it wasn't my job to fix your problem with my gun. They then gave me an RMA and shipping instructions! WTH! Anyone ever had trouble like this? I'm going to trade it for a Blackhawk. Any Takers? BHK!

JolietGunner 03-13-2013 12:10 AM

Ya that sounds like alot of BS to me.

Gatoragn 03-13-2013 12:11 AM

It happens, give them a chance to fix it.

NC1760 03-13-2013 12:30 AM

For my *0th b-day (nonya business exactly how old I am)... my beautiful wife got me matching SS Vaqueros in 45 colt, consecutive serial #'s.... One operated fine... the other (after running about 25-30 rounds through it) had problems cycling the cylinder to the next round. Called Ruger... they gave me an RGA (return goods authorization) ... fixed it within a week and sent it back Fed-Ex (had to go sign for it and pick it up at the local depot... no biggie) but they stood by their product. They also gave me a quick fix over the phone when I had a problem with my P95 semi. In this day and age of everyone giving you grief... Ruger is the exception. Give them a chance and they'll make it right.

Sniper03 03-13-2013 12:43 AM

Any manufacturer regardless of how good a record they have can have an occasional issue. It is how they deal with it that counts. Shows their quality and true colors regarding customer service. Pleasing the customer is the most important issue for a good company. Gator and NC are right! Give them a chance to fix it. Chances are it will be under more scrutiny and a magnifying glass during the repair and better than the normal production gun when it is returned. I had a finish issue with a new S&W Model 27, 357 Mag. I sent it back to S&W to be repaired. They sent it back with the most beautiful deep blue finish I had ever seen on any S&W. It was almost Black and looked an inch deep! So give them a chance to make yours right. You probably will not be sorry!

DiabloMan 03-13-2013 12:59 AM

Thanks guys. I have over 10 ruger's and have never had one problem in 35 years or more. It has been a week today. The Blackhawk Kid

HOSSFLY 03-16-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiabloMan (Post 1174032)
Thanks guys. I have over 10 ruger's and have never had one problem in 35 years or more. It has been a week today. The Blackhawk Kid

Been a week since what :confused:

DiabloMan 03-17-2013 12:16 AM

It's been 10 days since I sent the NV back to Ruger.

NC1760 03-17-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiabloMan (Post 1178503)

Give a little time. They may be swamped like every other gun, accessory and ammo manufacturer right now. Be :cool:... They'll make it right.

HOSSFLY 03-17-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiabloMan (Post 1178503)

Oh, won't be long now :)