Ruger LCR or SP101 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Ruger LCR or SP101

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

That's a nice one!

I have a crossbreed supertuck that holds my kimber comfortably, but sometimes I'd like something lighter and simpler.

I think the LCR will fit my bill for now and add a .357 later on.

All of my local shops were out except one who wanted $459 for an LCR. Looks like I might be buying my first online gun.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
@ Underfire- Have you shot the lcr?
I have.
I shot from 40 feet at targets using a bench rest & free standing.
Just to test how accurate street use would be. I was impressed with the tight 5 shot groups.
The Hogue Rubber Grips help with a reduction in felt recoil, especially with the hot loads. The trigger pull is smooth and light for a pocket revolver. Making it easy to use it quickly & accurately. The trigger pull is soo smooth you would think it had a custom trigger job right out of the box. Talking to the Ruger Reps. the trigger system is engineered to minimize friction between the firing components.
The LCR is a close-quarter defense gun intended for all day carry- no doubt about it!! I only have limited experience with a LCR because I don't own, I've only fired/tested one. If you want a better review I would get with owners like cane and the others to see what they have to say.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:02 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

You can't go wrong with either. . . or any Ruger revolver for that matter. What I like about my 101 is that I can just throw it in the truck (in holster of course), get out and easily conceal in public for the day and if I forget a mallet while on a camping trip it is also useful for driving stakes in the ground.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:13 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
You can't go wrong with either. . . or any Ruger revolver for that matter. What I like about my 101 is that I can just throw it in the truck (in holster of course), get out and easily conceal in public for the day and if I forget a mallet while on a camping trip it is also useful for driving stakes in the ground.
The SP101 trigger doesn't compare to the LCR, but I'm still going to get one eventually. I've already missed a special price of 440 bucks on one!!
I just want to keep it in my truck. I'm not too worried about thief because I have an auto alarm that alerts me when a problem arises.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:43 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Gojo, do you have any revolvers right now? If not, I would highly suggest the SP101. You know you want a magnum and at least one 357 should be in every man's gun collection, I prefer several. The SP will do everything the LCR will do and then some. The only thing your going to lose with an SP is some weight. I have carried my SP and it feels no different then my Kimber. I can't use a clip like cane but then I don't dress like a hippie(it's not 70 on Christmas here either).

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 03-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Gojo, do you have any revolvers right now? If not, I would highly suggest the SP101. You know you want a magnum and at least one 357 should be in every man's gun collection, I prefer several. The SP will do everything the LCR will do and then some. The only thing your going to lose with an SP is some weight. I have carried my SP and it feels no different then my Kimber. I can't use a clip like cane but then I don't dress like a hippie(it's not 70 on Christmas here either).
Thanks Wes. I think I'll get the lcr first and the sp101 at a later date.

I still need to know how Cane got his logo white.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:08 PM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
If not, I would highly suggest the SP101. You know you want a magnum and at least one 357 should be in every man's gun collection, I prefer several.
I second that motion.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:57 AM   #18

Quote:
I would highly suggest the SP101.You know you want a magnum and at least one 357 should be in every man's gun collection, I prefer several.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
I second that motion.
I AGREE!!
Especially since the SP101 has that feature that allows it to double as a forgotten mallet while camping, that diggs mentioned earlier.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post

I still need to know how Cane got his logo white.

I've seen people use white out or just a little white paint. Smear it across the lettering and wipe the excess off.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 03-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
I've seen people use white out or just a little white paint. Smear it across the lettering and wipe the excess off.
I want to hear Cane admit that he did that. If he does, then I'll try it and take pics.