Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Ruger LCR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger LCR

Want to get one, should I go for the .22 with 8 shots or the .38, I'm a women and would like to use it at the range and for conceal carry maybe,
Also what are you opinions on this gun?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #2

Liked 55 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I have a LCR in .357 Magnum. I mostly shoot .38's out of it for comfort but chose the .357 just to have the option. I carry it often and as a woman I feel very comfortable with it.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #3

Liked 25 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I to have the 357 and shoot 38's out of it for the milder recoil. The lighter 38 version is to me a handfull. If you have the money get both, the 22 to practice with at the range and the 357 for carry. I plan on getting the 22 when my hunchback uncle straighens out or when I can get the money up.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I got the LCR not to long ago. Partly for me, but also for my wife since she wanted something she could shoot and carry. We got the .357 and she loves it with .38s. It is a good size for her to carry as well. The .22 would be really fun though for Target practice.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #5

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4283

It's not the best range gun in the world, it's mainly a point and shooter for up close and personal 'encounters'. At 12 feet and in, you can still have fun though...

If you're going to carry it for SD, I'd stay away from the .22 and go ahead and get it chambered in .357 and carry .38+p ammo, like others have said, the .357 is a handful. That chambering gives you the option of shooting both calibers.

That being said, I love mine, great trigger, easy to conceal just about anywhere on your person or in a handbag/fanny pack. Revolvers are pretty much idiot proof, so it works well for me...

Old 07-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1458 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default I like them.

I shot one that belonged to a friend and really liked it. I was shooting 38 spec. +P and it wasn't bad. It would smack the palm of the hand pretty good but not as bad as some I have shot. His had the laser from the factory option and I would want that if there was anyway I could swing it. A handgun that small is hard to aim and the laser made it much easier. I would practice with lite wadcutter ammo and shoot whatever I decided as carry ammo enough so I would know what to expect. If you ever had to fire it to save your live you wouldn't feel the recoil anyway. Just my not so humble opinion.

Larry

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 07-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Also I think you should decide if your going to carry concealed (which I recommend). If your not then I would get something bigger and easier to shoot.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 07-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #8

Liked 1413 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Get the 357 like others have suggested.

I got mine when they first came out and only in 38 spl.

NO regrets, it's the best South Florida CCW for those hot muggy days.

Two more suggestions;

1. Get it with the Hogue Tamer grip. Don't waste your cash on the laser and hard plastic grip set-up. It doesn't need the laser because it's the best point shooter I own.
  2. Get a Remora holster and find out what real concealed carry comfort is all about!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
vincent Likes This 
Old 07-19-2012, 03:07 AM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I respect canebrakes opinion but you may have to defend yourself in a place with a lot of other people around. You will be held accountable for every projectile you launch and what or who they hit. Point shooting has its place at belly rubbing distance. I prefer to have all the control I can on point of impact.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #10

Thanks for all the info guys and girls