Ruger LCR
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Ruger LCR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger LCR

I'm looking into purchasing a Ruger LCR.

Does anyone have some insight on this double-action revolver?

Home Invasion...I've got something for that!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Lots of info about that one here, look thru the revolver section or use search...

Old 03-04-2011, 05:22 AM   #3

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

The LCR is a fine little shooter. I recently bought one in .357 for the fiancee and we had a blast! 140 rounds split between .357 and .38.

For the record, a few shots of full house .357 vs .38 feels no different in my opinion. However after shooting 70 rounds of full house .357, the .38 feels much nicer to the hand.

The one singular complaint I have about this gun is the textured part high on the backstrap. After 50 rounds it really started to chew away at the webbing between my index finger and thumb. The picture inserted is not my gun, but you can clearly see the area I am refering to on the grip.

Note that otherwise these Hogue grips are fantastic in my opinion!

img_2432.jpg  

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 03-04-2011, 06:24 AM   #4

Got mine when it first came out, not a single complaint.

"If life were fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead" Johnny Carson

Old 03-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #5

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I like the little LCR. It's well-made, light, and easy to conceal.

Unlike a previous poster, in my opinion, it's not a handgun that's a lot of fun to shoot at the range, especially when firing +P rounds. Because of its lightness, the recoil can be significant.

It's not especially accurate, but that's not really the purpose for which it was designed.

Overall, I'm glad I have one, and I wouldn't discourage anyone else from buying one, especially if you know its limitations.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #6

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

A pair of shooting gloves will help with protection from that textured back strap when throwing lots of lead downrange, and using the gloves will not cause the gun to point and shoot any differently without them, when it is needed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #7

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

I've been carrying mine on my ankle since I got it 6 mos ago and I absolutely adore it! I feel funny when I'm NOT wearing it and never leave the house without it, hell, I've even gone to bed with it on, forgetting it was even there! It's not the greatest range gun in the world, for me, hitting anything accurately over 15 ft. away is about 50/50 with the 357's, slightly better with the .38's but it's a snubby, whaddya expect? Hold on to that sucker when shooting 357, she's got a kick, (again, for me) It's my backup weapon to my Walther PPS in .40 (which I could go on about like it's my grandson) I've had ZERO problems with it and it's a joy to clean and shoot. Go ahead and get it, you won't be sorry!

Old 03-12-2011, 04:39 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I had the .38 version and found it pretty comfortable to shoot, especially compared to most other snubby .38's. I don't think there is anything wrong with the gun's accuracy; snubbies are some of the most difficult guns to master and it takes lots of practice. I did not like it for pocket carry, though, as that thick grip was uncomfortable to me when sitting.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:29 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

More praise for the LCR...mine is .38 with Crimson Trace grips. Agree with all the above comments for this little beauty. My only other comment would be it is a bit on the spunky side when you put some +p down range. With the CT grip, I think you get more bite than with the Hogue.
With the CT's still kinda pricey (usually about $600 otd), but it's a quality and keeper gun.
Good luck with your purchase and SHOOT SAFELY.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:07 AM   #10
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This was one of my top choices for a snub nose. I shot one several times and truly liked the feel of the pistol. I ended up going another direction but still a top choice IMHO.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.