ruger lcr

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > ruger lcr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
jbd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default ruger lcr

i picked up the ruger lcr back in jan,2010 and have been pleased with gun except one thing. i have fired app. 250 rounds of ammo through it,50 rounds of winchester,200 rounds of monarch ammo through it. with the monarch ammo only i have had 3 different rounds not fire through first cycle and what i mean by first cycle is during the firing of the 5 rounds i did realize all 3 times 1 round did not fire so i kept pulling the trigger and all 3 times when it got back to the unfired round it fired. i do clean my guns after every outing so that shouldnt be an issue. what would u guys suggest, dont use monarch ammo, call ruger? thanks for any advice.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think it's the Monarch ammo--it has had a lot of QC problems according to others who have used it--the primers may be a little hard also. I believe it is made in Serbia. I would try a hundred rounds or so of a US ammo, such as WW White Box or Rem UCP, and if you have no problems then it was most lickly the ammo and I wouldn't shoot that anymore.

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"