Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Ruger krh 444

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger krh 444

I bought in Italy on RUGER Redhawk KRH 444. No I never challenged it used, because in the armories are not yet available. I do not know his reaction to the shot, and I am also concerned for his barrel of 4 "It is not too short for a 44mag.? You, what do you think about this revolver?

By A.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Personally I love redhawks as they are built like a tank-you're never going to wear it out. Another cool thing is the lockwork, they have 1 spring serving as both a mainspring and trigger return spring. That makes for a smooth, non stacking trigger pull. The 4" barreled Redhawk should pack great if the weight don't bother you. I wouldn't mind having a 4" version myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktarus View Post
I bought in Italy on RUGER Redhawk KRH 444. No I never challenged it used, because in the armories are not yet available. I do not know his reaction to the shot, and I am also concerned for his barrel of 4 "It is not too short for a 44mag.? You, what do you think about this revolver?

By A.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 10-30-2009, 03:27 PM   #3

Default for Stalkinbear

Thanks Stalkingbear, did not know this particular spring only <<< have 1 spring serving as both a mainspring and trigger return spring>>> .... we always learn!
This revolver is fantastic!

By A

redhawk.jpg  

Old 10-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The Redhawk is a stout and very dependable revolver. it will reliably shoot whatever you feed it and it will do it every time. It also weighs enough so that you can use it as a club if necessary.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-30-2009, 03:48 PM   #5

Default for CA357

Thanks CA357 - I worried about the reaction of 44mag. barrel with 4 "... but rightly so, as you say, the weight reduces the blow on the hand.

By A

Last edited by Aktarus; 11-01-2009 at 09:29 AM.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #6

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

I have owned a SS Redhawk with a 7 1/2" barrel for over 20 years, at 3 1/4 lbs. it's heavy but that really soaks up the recoil. My guess is that even though you have 3 1/2" less barrel it still has enough weight to ease recoil. There are times I've thought a shorter barrel would make it easier for a skinny guy like me to carry but I do make some longer range shots out hunting where the longer barrel really helps for accuracy. Redhawks are the toughest revolver made and totally dependable, mine has never let me down.

Last edited by Viking; 11-02-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #7

Default for Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
I have owned a SS Redhawk with a 7 1/2" barrel for over 20 years, at 3 1/4 lbs. it's heavy but that really soaks up the recoil. My guess is that even though you have 3 1/2" less barrel it still has enough weight to ease recoil. There are times I've thought a shorter barrel would make it easier for a skinny guy like me to carry but I do male some longer range shots out hunting where the longer barrel really helps for accuracy. Redhawks are the toughest revolver made and totally dependable, mine has never let me down.

I am tall 1.70 m. weight 58kg. and my hand is small. I never bought a 44mag revolver. ... for fear. I thought I was too "small".
After reading your advice, I have "convinced" that he had made a good choice. Now only the aspect Redhawk arrivals.
Thanks

Old 11-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2551 Times on 1339 Posts
Likes Given: 192

.44 mags are not that bad, IMHO. To me they push/roll in recoil. I feel comfortable shooting several hundred rounds a day. I have a 4" and a 6". I had a 7 1/2" and there was not much difference in felt recoil.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #9

Default for robocop 10mm

Thanks Robocop 10mm. The reviews that you all have given, were very positive. Now, thanks to you, I'm sure I have done a good purchase. Thank you very much for your willingness.

Some tests made with KRH RUGER 444 gave the following results: Loading and shooting a double action is fabulous, "I would say perfect," while the single action is too "hard." The Board of testers is to reduce the 1/2kg weight on the shot. So it will be perfect! That is why I asked my dealer to reduce the click of 500gr. When you have done this "small change" I'm going to pick up my little "eagle"

Old 11-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Excellent! Please post a range report and some photos when you can.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams