Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Ruger GP100

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #11
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6957 Times on 4186 Posts
Likes Given: 8363

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex1310 View Post
I have a GP100 6" with custom grips.....

Dang! That's a good looking gun!

Old 12-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #12

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

mmmm...Rrrruuugerrr...

homer.jpg  

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 12-13-2011, 11:34 PM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Wat about the 3" gp100 has any body ever owned one

Old 12-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #14

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deigoboy View Post
Thanks everybody! How about ear protection...what brand works best for you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
In the ear, over the ear, anthing is better than nothing. I have an over the ear set with an internal speaker. Any noise over a certain decibel the speaker shuts off and they work just like regular ear muffs, when it's on, it's like you're not even wearing them. I don't know the name brand, it's not even printed on the set or I'd post a link...not even sure what they're called...
I've stuffed cigarette butts in my ears before firing an AT4 once, and I was thankful for it.

I use plain foam plugs, the kind that expand to fit. I'd like a pair of muffs like vincent's but I'm cheap. One of the local shops hands out the foamies for free. I think you can get them at the health department in some cities too, just like the prophylactics. Protection is KEY!!

Old 12-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #15

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I've stuffed cigarette butts in my ears before firing an AT4 once, and I was thankful for it.

I use plain foam plugs, the kind that expand to fit. I'd like a pair of muffs like vincent's but I'm cheap. One of the local shops hands out the foamies for free. I think you can get them at the health department in some cities too, just like the prophylactics. Protection is KEY!!
Daggone it Trip, just when I thought I was original, I used cig butts too when I was cutting trees and ran out of the yellow foamies...I've saved every one since, (the foamies, not the butts wiseguy!) just put 'em in your pocket and run 'em through the wash, good as new. The speaker phones weren't that expensive but more often than not I'll just don the old standbys. They'd work best if you really need to hear and wear them at the same time and they do take a little getting used to...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 12-14-2011, 01:08 AM   #16
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deigoboy View Post
Thanks everybody! How about ear protection...what brand works best for you?
I picked up a couple of Ruger headsets off of Ebay for cheap. They work good for me.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:47 AM   #17

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugernut View Post
Wat about the 3" gp100 has any body ever owned one
It's my current BUG to my 4" GP100.

I carry two guns as a minimum and right now my primary is a 4" GP100. My second gun is the 3" GP100 with an IWB holster on the support side. I like that the same speedloaders work in both guns. If I have to go smaller I carry an SP101 and a J-Frame 38 Special. My reloads will all be 38 Special in that instance as the same speedloaders fit both guns.

When I pack my Glock I carry a 19/23 with a 26/27 as a second gun. The larger magazines fit the smaller gun. The only exceptions are when I'm packing the P-35 or the 1911. Then I opt for the J-Frame as my second gun as the only reliable small pistol I've found, that takes the larger pistols magazines, has been the Glock.

I usually switch handguns every quarter to stay current with any handgun I may need to be conversant with. This just happens to be a revolver quarter. I don't generally advocate that most folks switch guns, or necessarily do what I do. I have worked through some grip and releasing the safety issues so that it's not a problem for me. With that said I refuse to use a S&W or Beretta handgun due to the location and function of the thumb safety.

The 3" GP100 is a great revolver as far as I'm concerned and if I was limited to only two handguns it would be one of the two selected unless I opted for a 5" version of a .357 magnum. As for the other handgun, that's a tough choice and it would either be a Glock or a Colt 1911. That's a choice I hope I never have to make.

Biker