Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Revolver Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Ruger .357 sp101 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/ruger-357-sp101-70704/)

TheGuz00 08-19-2012 08:03 PM

Ruger .357 sp101
 
Would like people's opinion on the ruger sp101 .357 magnum!

winds-of-change 08-19-2012 10:57 PM

Please use the "search" up above. Put in Ruger SP101 and you will get a lot of information. It's scattered all over the forum so I can't link you to any particular thread. It gets very good reviews from those who own one.

TheGuz00 08-20-2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change
Please use the "search" up above. Put in Ruger SP101 and you will get a lot of information. It's scattered all over the forum so I can't link you to any particular thread. It gets very good reviews from those who own one.

Thanks I sure will!

ScottA 08-20-2012 04:47 AM

I have the SP101. It is built like a tank, and a great shooter. It is heavier than other similar 5 shot revolvers, but that's not a bad thing for a magnum. If it has the stock grips, I recommend you swap them out with a Hogue Monogrip.

KeysKelly 08-20-2012 11:22 AM

Ruger is, in my opinion, the very best revolver there is. One piece construction and a work horse. Treat a Ruger right and your great grandchildren will be shooting it 100 years from now.

mountainman13 08-20-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA
I have the SP101. It is built like a tank, and a great shooter. It is heavier than other similar 5 shot revolvers, but that's not a bad thing for a magnum. If it has the stock grips, I recommend you swap them out with a Hogue Monogrip.

^^^^^^ this. I have the sp101 also. This is dead on. Running a box of .357 through it with stock grips will beat you up a bit. Still fun.

ineverFTF 08-20-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeysKelly
Ruger is, in my opinion, the very best revolver there is. One piece construction and a work horse. Treat a Ruger right and your great grandchildren will be shooting it 100 years from now.

Amen!! My grandpa has a ruger super redhawk thats 50+ years old and he can still cloverleaf the target at 100 yards

TheGuz00 08-20-2012 04:58 PM

Thanks to every1 for posting replies! I appreciate every1's opinion! Ive heard good things regarding the ruger sp101 .357. With all that, I'll b purchasing 1.

theboat452 08-21-2012 11:12 PM

The gp 100 is better

RustyShackleford101 08-22-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theboat452
The gp 100 is better

I agree, I've shot both a good amount and I just plain like 6 shots over 5. If you don't care about capacity as much, then I find nothing wrong with the sp 101.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:09 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.