Rug sp101 sight - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Rug sp101 sight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoyleTheDog View Post
Just to be clear, this is not the same as what I suggested. Dry firing at home is an excellent way to practice your trigger pull, but you won't be able to catch yourself flinching until you're actually shooting live rounds with one empty chamber.

However, when you do dry fire at home try placing coin on the top of the barrel. Practice your full trigger pull this way without moving the coin.
i disagree. as loong as your paying attention(perhas even having your honey watch you) you can very easily see or feel if your making mistakes such as flinching or jerking.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:05 AM   #22

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

I'll agree with you both. I'm almost certain I do flinch. At least I pull the barrel when I pull the trigger. The gun was brand new and the trigger is pretty stiff. I fell asleep last night, I'm going to play with it in a little bit. The gun I mean.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:13 AM   #23
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56 View Post
I'll agree with you both. I'm almost certain I do flinch. At least I pull the barrel when I pull the trigger. The gun was brand new and the trigger is pretty stiff. I fell asleep last night, I'm going to play with it in a little bit. The gun I mean.
How many rounds do you think you have through it so far?

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 01-24-2013, 03:02 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

How many rounds do you think you have through it so far?
About 150-200. Only been twice to the range so far. I have it right now. It was harder than I thought when I actually paid attention to how steady I had to keep my sights. Way different than my semi auto

Old 01-24-2013, 03:08 AM   #25
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56 View Post
About 150-200. Only been twice to the range so far. I have it right now. It was harder than I thought when I actually paid attention to how steady I had to keep my sights. Way different than my semi auto
That's for sure. I'd be careful loosening up the trigger too much. That trigger is all the safety you have, and the SP101 is definitely a carry gun.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 AM   #26

Quote:

That's for sure. I'd be careful loosening up the trigger too much. That trigger is all the safety you have, and the SP101 is definitely a carry gun.
I suppose that's true. I've read how people have dry fired a few thousand times and how it's loosened up some. I don't plan on that. It gets too aggravating.

I'm anxious to get back to the range. I probably will try and take my dad this weekend. I'll let hit shoot and see how he does to compare.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #27
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

By the way, a Hogue mono grip made a world of difference in comfort and control shooting mine.

Scott

Quote:
Quote:
Join the NRA

Old 01-24-2013, 04:48 AM   #28

Quote:
By the way, a Hogue mono grip made a world of difference in comfort and control shooting mine.
I've contemplated that. I'd have to see one first. I have ordered a theis iwb kydex holster. I don't know if that grip would be larger than the stock and cause the gun to not fit

Old 01-24-2013, 04:52 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2159 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 804

With a 357 it's real easy to push as you pull the trigger. Another thing you don't want a soft rubber stock. Magnums shoot better with wood or hard plastic stocks. Don't shoot a lot of rounds with 357 ammo. Usually after 24 rounds I am pushing when I shoot a magnum handgun.

Pick something small like a light switch and dry fire it a lot. You want the sight to still be on the light switch after you pull the trigger. The dry firing will help you a lot with the pushing. Dry firing will only smooth the trigger out in double action. It will not lessen the trigger pull and make the gun unsafe.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Last edited by John_Deer; 01-24-2013 at 04:58 AM.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #30

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
i disagree. as loong as your paying attention(perhas even having your honey watch you) you can very easily see or feel if your making mistakes such as flinching or jerking.
We'll have to agree to disagree then It's pretty hard to see someone flinching while they're shooting a 357 (as long as it's a mild flinch) until they get to that empty chamber.