Rug sp101 sight - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Rug sp101 sight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

You could both be right. Like I've stated, I'm fairly new with handguns. I shoot fairly well with my p226, but that one doesn't have much kick to it like the sp101.

I haven't let anyone else shoot it yet. I will have to research how to hold it correctly. It's a pretty small grip on the gun. I very well could be handling it incorrectly. Thanks for the input.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1136 Times on 740 Posts
Likes Given: 660

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56

I read a recent review that said the 4.5" sp101 was adjustable. But I've read a different one that says the 2.25" isn't. I'll have to give ruger a call and see what they suggest.
Just look at it. If there 2 screws. One on top. 1 on the side it's adjustable
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #13
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2092 Times on 1137 Posts
Likes Given: 755

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoyleTheDog View Post
EDIT: Or next time you're shooting leave one chamber empty when loading it. That's one of the best ways to find out if it's the shooter or the gun.
Can't overemphasize this.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 01-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

Can't overemphasize this.
You're saying to do this so that I catch myself pulling up without a round being fired?

Old 01-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #15
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1851 Times on 1002 Posts
Likes Given: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56 View Post
What's 6 o'clock hold? Sorry, fairly new to handgun shooting.

And what do you mean jtj that yours shoots the same? That you also have to compensate that severely?

I've shot at several distances with a variety of different types of ammunition, .38, .38 sp, and .357. All shoot the same consistently.

I'm considering a new front sight. I've been researching that a little bit.
I did not say it shoots the same. I said mine shoot to CENTER with the same hold. Shoots to point of aim. Read my post a little closer. It is your grip and trigger control that are the problem. Your wrist is breaking and allowing the barrel to rise to much on recoil.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 01-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
I did not say it shoots the same. I said mine shoot to CENTER with the same hold. Shoots to point of aim. Read my post a little closer. It is your grip and trigger control that are the problem. Your wrist is breaking and allowing the barrel to rise to much on recoil.
Gotchya, I was replying and tryin to recall what you said. It does sound like my grip is the problem. I'm going to research how to hold this thing before I shoot next

Old 01-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #17
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
You're saying to do this so that I catch myself pulling up without a round being fired?
It's a way to see if you are flinching or other unconcious action when pulling the trigger. Load up 4 chambers, spin the cylinder and shut it. NO PEEKING.

Fire through all 5 rounds. The empty chamber will surprise you and you'll see very easily if you have a bad habit developing.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato

Join the NRA

Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

It's a way to see if you are flinching or other unconcious action when pulling the trigger. Load up 4 chambers, spin the cylinder and shut it. NO PEEKING.

Fire through all 5 rounds. The empty chamber will surprise you and you'll see very easily if you have a bad habit developing.
I imagine I already do. I will do some dry firing tonight when I get home to check. I guess I never really thought about it.

I also read somewhere that the position of your trigger finger on the trigger affects your smoothness of the pull. I think that could be my problem

Old 01-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #19
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I imagine I already do. I will do some dry firing tonight when I get home to check. I guess I never really thought about it.

I also read somewhere that the position of your trigger finger on the trigger affects your smoothness of the pull. I think that could be my problem
I never realized how complicated it was to pull a trigger until YouTube.

Scott

Quote:
Quote:

Join the NRA

Old 01-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #20

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:

Just to be clear, this is not the same as what I suggested. Dry firing at home is an excellent way to practice your trigger pull, but you won't be able to catch yourself flinching until you're actually shooting live rounds with one empty chamber.

However, when you do dry fire at home try placing coin on the top of the barrel. Practice your full trigger pull this way without moving the coin.