Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Rubber grips for a 150 prefix Ruger Security Six

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Finally, I have rubber grips for a 150 prefix Ruger Security Six!

For those of you that know me, you know that I have quite an obsession with the Security Six revolvers (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f16/i-need-help-somebody-stop-me-38415/). My latest acquisition is a older 150 prefix blued model and if your unfamiliar with this model it has a flared grip frame that is hard to fid grips for as no one currently makes grips for the 150 pre-fix guns. Jay Scott used to make a pair of grips they fit both the 150 and 151 pre-fix guns although they are walnut and not rubber. You can still find them on on e-bay or Gun Broker occasionally. The easiest way to tell if the fit both pre-fix guns is they have two holes for the grip pin and the bottom slightly flares out.

I have been looking for a set for a while but can't find one. So I got creative and started experimenting with different set of rubber grips. I wanted the trigger guard to stop wacking into my finger. Well, after a looong search, I found a winner!

I altered some Pachmayr presentation grips made for a Ruger Redhawk and they, surprisingly, fit remarkably well.

Before:

After:

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 03-21-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

My dad has a stainless Security Six with Pachmayr grips that are identical to that.
Oh how I love Ruger wheel guns

Old 02-03-2012, 02:59 AM   #3

I am a new member, as well as a new handgun owner. For my very first purchase, I chose a Security Six with a SN that starts with 150. I was looking for grips for it, but it seems finding the Ark of the Covenant may be easier. I would love to try out your grip solution, but I cannot seem to view the pics. Also, do you have the name of those grips you did buy?
I can see why you love these guns. Absolutely beautiful.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waindan View Post
I am a new member, as well as a new handgun owner. For my very first purchase, I chose a Security Six with a SN that starts with 150. I was looking for grips for it, but it seems finding the Ark of the Covenant may be easier. I would love to try out your grip solution, but I cannot seem to view the pics. Also, do you have the name of those grips you did buy?
I can see why you love these guns. Absolutely beautiful.
..........PM sent

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 02-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #5

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I love my Security Six also. I just looked and it's a 160 series. I have the Pachmayr Grippers on it which I love. I never knew the early grip frames were different. I put a rib on mine right after I bought it and like the look. This was over 20 years ago and it has never come off even though it's epoxied on! Here's a pic.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 02-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #6

Just simply beautiful guns. Nice pic!

Old 02-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #7

[SIZE="1"][LIST]
This one is in my shrine. Not for sale or for shooting. This gun won many event years ago. The shooter died in an airplane on 911.

ruger-security-six-inch-barrel-001.jpg  

Last edited by chewchew; 02-10-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #8

smaller view