Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns > Rossi vs Taurus 357 6" revolver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

When doesn't he win? That guy is amazing.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #12

Rossi and Taurus are fine revolvers. They have 100% no questions asked warranty. You could send them one that was cut in half with a grinder and they will replace it no questions asked. They are tight, solid, well put together guns that shoot quite well. Rossi also makes The Puma, a nice level action rifle. Taurus is a little more well known but they are pretty much the same product. You can find both much cheaper than the $425 stated in the original post. Try Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop Remember, with Bud's the price you see included delivery to your dealer.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #13

There is also the Taurus 8 shot 357 which I use for Pinshooting and I love it. My Rossi I cannot be faulted either.
But my Python

Old 10-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #14

I owned both without any problems. Taurus' are machined a bit better though. Either brand back in the 60's and 70's was worth the time of day ! I'd save up and get a Ruger or Smith. If you really have to have that movie gun S&W model 29 or 27, save you dollars.
If it don't matter and you want a strong revolver that you could shoot the holy hell out of, get a Ruger !

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 10-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #15

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
Hold that $400 for now and add to it whatever you can every week. Soon "what you can afford" will be a S&W 686, Ruger GP100, etc. In the end you will be a happier owner. My personal "gun fund" grows by about $10/week(I too am not made of money). Any extra money earned goes in when it can as well. I let it build up until I have enough to buy a really good/better version of what ever I want.
Save your money for one of these. Smith & Wesson 686. I have one and it is fantastic.