You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Revolver Handguns >

Rossi Revolvers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts

I had one. Had it for abt six months. After putting abt 25 rds through it the trigger would randomly stick...it was the weirdest thing. I never new revolvers could even jam until I bought this .357. Traded it it in after that. After it happened I typed it in on the web and had a lot of hits of similar problems
jeffkaiser1989 Likes This 
Old 01-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #22

Liked 269 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkaiser1989 View Post
wanted to thank you guys for your input but the wife has put her foot down and if i buy a gun with my tax return shes gonna kick me out. so guess it will have to wait for now.....
That's torture, tell her no shoes then. But I have a buddy, or maybe I should say "had" a buddy, not sure the status on that one yet, but he just bought a 460 magnum online that he got the "ok" on from his wife to buy, then like 5 days later, before the 460 even arrived, he bought a 500 mag in a store because he said that the price of $979 he couldn't pass up on, but he says he's not going to tell her about that one for "awhile", I said to him no comment, except that he is a dead man coming up here soon.
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 01-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #23

Liked 90 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
That's torture, tell her no shoes then. But I have a buddy, or maybe I should say "had" a buddy, not sure the status on that one yet, but he just bought a 460 magnum online that he got the "ok" on from his wife to buy, then like 5 days later, before the 460 even arrived, he bought a 500 mag in a store because he said that the price of $979 he couldn't pass up on, but he says he's not going to tell her about that one for "awhile", I said to him no comment, except that he is a dead man coming up here soon.
lmao yea right. and that is a good deal on the 500 i see them around here for atleast 1200. if i can start working again than ill buy a new gun. i have ordered a new belt and will get another holster with my tax return but she gets 400$ out of it which we do need to get caught up on bills and i get 50 - 60 depending on how much the return is which we know it will be below 500. so thats just enough for a new holster
  • Courage
  • Loyalty
  • Rectitude
  • Benevolence
  • TRUST
Guns Owned

Para USA 1911 EXPERT .45ACP - sold

Sig Sauer P238 .380ACP - sold

Glock 23 Gen 3 .40 S&W

Stevens 320 Security 12ga

CCW map

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

Old 01-28-2014, 04:51 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3735 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
wanted to thank you guys for your input but the wife has put her foot down and if i buy a gun with my tax return shes gonna kick me out. so guess it will have to wait for now.....
... sounds like you need to find a new wife with your tax return...

I joke I joke!

If and when the wife comes around to buying another gun, although I'm sure most Rossis are perfectly fine firearms, I'm partial to S&Ws. I found my used model 66-2 for $475. I missed out on buying a 19-2 for $450 by one day.

I like Ruger wheel guns a lot too, although I don't own any [yet]. I've seen LCRs going for not much more than you're wanting to spend. Skip out on ordering pizza once or twice a month and you can save the difference easily.

Just my couple pennies thrown into the pot.

Good luck!
_________

If this is the first time you've read this, up until now you think I typed this out in response to this thread. Well, the jokes on you. This is my signature line. Know it, embrace it, love it.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:15 PM   #25

Liked 754 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

I know its not a .357 but Buds has a good deal on police trade in M&P 9's for 389. Also keep an eye on their website because I have seen S&W in .38 police trade in for $175. The guns look rough but are ten times the pistol a Rossi is (I will be the first to admit I am a S&W wheel gun fan boy). Here is a link http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/654_910/Used+Guns/Police+Trade+Ins

Old 01-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #26

Liked 169 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I agree with saving a few more bucks and going with Ruger or Smith, especially if you already own a gun that will due till you can save a few more dollars! Needing a gun?? By all means get what you can afford as quickly as possible! Wanting a gun? Save for quality! You will be glad you held out a few weeks/months!!

Old 01-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2831 Times on 1691 Posts
Likes Given: 1751

Quote:
Wives are way over rated, I have had four of them.
Get the gun, that way when your wife kicks you out you can shoot the dog and take his house!
rockratt Likes This 
Old 01-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #28
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3391 Times on 2293 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Rossi Revolvers

Lucky for me My Wife Also likes Guns & Shooting. Unlike some others(haters just gonna Hate) I happen to like several of the Taurus/Rossi Designed Guns, But then I've seen some Import Revolvers I like as well. Jeff: Tell Your Wife that one more Gun means your that much safer, and After Interviewing the CEO at SHOT, and Getting an Invite to tour the Factory, I sure if you have an issue CS or QA will make it right. If you want a Wheel gun even Less Expensive(but Not Plus(+) P rated, The Eagle Imports Commanche in 2 or 4" is Less Then $300 MSRP, and While It Isn't something I'd carry Everyday(because I have other Guns, and If I'm carrying a 38 I'm also carrying some sort of BUG & a BUK as well), It's a Great Truck/Boat/Car Gun,..or great for "at the front door" of your house...
Example. Have an Entryway at your front door? Have a Mirror on a stand with a sm. Tabletop with a drawer? Don't put the Gun in the Drawer,..put a Small Gun Vault type Safe or magnet UNDER the Drawer.. Bad GUY Gets a HUGE Surprise!!!
The Friday Before X-mas we had what Could have been an Attempted "PUSH in" Guy must have been scoping out Houses,..I don't open my door for anyone I don't know anyway,..but if he tried it(pushing In my Door IF i was Stupid enough to open it),..He'd have gotten Introduced to the "Facts of Life" very swiftly as Taught By Mr. William B. Ruger Via a Double Tap Of Fiocchi SD's....

Also If you Need "Intervention" from your Friendly FTF'ers,..we can Do a Conference Call,..My Wife is VERY Persuasive, esp. with Other Women....;-)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 01-28-2014, 11:40 PM   #29
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1994 Times on 885 Posts
Likes Given: 1481

Quote:
I just love a good ultimatum!!! You could probably afford a S&W or Ruger if you went ahead with the Rossi????

Old 02-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #30

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
I had a Rossi 462 snub nose in .357, I never had any issues with it. I have however of heard stories of the firing pin shearing off of the hammer and making the gun useless, and I have heard it multiple times through reading different sources. Now whether that is true or not I don't know. . .
Yes it is true--happened to my grandfather's .32 Rossi revolver back in the early 1980s. If they're crappier now than they were then, I wouldn't want one.

I have a Taurus revolver. It's ok but not great. I liked it considerably better than what Rossi was offering when I got it about 10 years ago. But what I have is still distant behind Ruger or S & W.

Last edited by Survivor52; 02-16-2014 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Typo/autocorrect blunder